Hair Director: Alan White for ghd
“This season, Bec & Bridge’s collection is Oriental-inspired, sexy and sophisticated with beautiful clean silvery whites and reflective elements. The hair look pays tribute to this with an origami inspired knot at the back of the head in an undone, deconstructed way, livened up with a kiss of pearl essence on the ends. It’s sexy, youthful and sophisticated, but not at all up tight – this hair style is easily relatable to the Bec & Bridge girl who will be able to recreate the look herself.” – Alan White, ghd Hair Director
“The inspiration pays homage to the 90’s and supermodels from that era as well as American sportswear. We love working with Alan White. We love that we can give him the hair brief and he always interprets it so beautifully.” – Becky Cooper and Bridget Yorston – Bec & Bridge
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. Prep damp hair with ghd total volume foam and blow dry through using ghd air. Direct hair away from the face towards the crown of the head using a ghd natural bristle radial brush to smooth out any kinks and bumps and to add extra volume.
2. Apply ghd smooth and finish serum to the hair distributing the product from the roots to the mid-lengths.
3. Gather the hair into a pony tail just below the crown of the head and secure with a hair elastic. Add an extra pump of ghd smooth and finish serum into the ends of the ponytail to enhance shine.
4. Separate the ponytail into two sections and tie these into a knot, ensuring both sections remain smooth (note: knot the ponytail twice if the hair is long).
5. Secure the knot around the base of the ponytail using bobby pins and leave the ends free.
6. Finish with ghd final shine spray for extra shine.
– ghd total volume foam
– ghd natural bristle radial brush (available in sizes 1-4)
– ghd air
– ghd smooth and finish serum
– ghd final shine spray
Australia – Available from ghd Australia and selected salons.
USA – Available from Drugstore.com
UK – Available from Look Fantastic
What do you think of this look? Let me know by commenting below!
All images provided by ghd Australia
This post contains an affiliate link, which gives us commission when you click and purchase something from that link. You do not pay any more for the item by shopping through an affiliate link than you would through a regular link. When you shop through an affiliate link on The Plastic Diaries, you help support the site. To learn more, please visit our Affiliates page.