Hair Director: Alan White for ghd
“Romance Was Born continues to push the boundaries this year with a 60’s/70’s inspired collection. Popping multi colours, psychedelic pastels and Disney princesses are the inspiration behind the designs and the hair look. The signature blunt cut fringe of Peggie Moffitt, short sharp asymmetrical bobs in assorted lollipop colours will take the audience on a magical, mysterious tour,”
“I’ve created four hair looks, all based on Peggie’s blunt cut fringe and mushroom shaped bob. Each hair look has been individually cut and coloured to match each outfit in the collection. Essentially, the models will grace the catwalk in a complete coloured look – think, multi-tonal colour blocking – a psychedelic candy land has come to life.” – Alan White, ghd Hair Director
“We are so excited to work with Alan and ghd again this year; we really wanted to take it to another level. We have been having a lot of fun looking at new shapes and colours, it’s very inspiring!” – Luke Sales and Anna Plunkett, Romance Was Born
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. Prep damp hair with ghd total volume foam and blow-dry through using ghd air and the ghd natural bristle radial brush to enhance volume.
2. Take large sections from the fringe and using ghd eclipse, style downwards, bending under towards the brow.
3. Continue to take sections from the side of the head and style using ghd eclipse, bending in towards the cheek area to ensure that the ends roll under and create a bowl-like shape.
4. Brush with ghd oval dressing brush for movement and air to enhance volume. 5. Finish with ghd final fix hairspray.
– ghd total volume foam
– ghd natural bristle radial brush (available in sizes 1-4)
– ghd air
– ghd eclipse
– ghd oval dressing brush
– ghd final fix hairspray
Australia – Available from ghd Australia and selected salons.
What do you think of this look? Let me know by commenting below!
All images provided by ghd Australia
This post contains an affiliate link, which gives us commission when you click and purchase something from that link. You do not pay any more for the item by shopping through an affiliate link than you would through a regular link. When you shop through an affiliate link on The Plastic Diaries, you help support the site. To learn more, please visit our Affiliates page.