Learning how to apply your skincare products is an important part of looking after yourself. Not all products should be applied in the same way and unless you were instructed on how to apply the products you’re using, you may actually be assisting your skin to form lines or lose elasticity at a faster rate. This is why I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how to apply skincare products.
The skincare products I use change at least monthly as it’s my job to review lots of products for you, but in this video I’ve used the Intraceuticals Rejuvenate regime, Trilogy Eye Contour Cream and Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum.
No matter which products you use, most of the same principles apply unless the product you have gives different detailed instructions. Let’s recap:
- Move in a gentle, upward and outward motion.
- Apply all your skincare products to your face AND neck. The neck is one of the first places to show signs of skin ageing.
- Apply all your skincare products in to your hairline.
- Don’t apply eye cream too close to your eye. You should gentle tap it in to the contour of your eye (just above your cheekbone). Also apply your eye cream above and below your brow bone.
- Be mindful of how much product you are applying to specific areas of your face. If you are using a hydrating product, apply it lightly to the oilier areas of your face.
- Let each layer of product seep in before you move on to the next one. If you’re in a rush or applied too much, fan your face until the product has dried in.
- Always finish with a sunscreen, no matter what.
Did you learn any new tips from this post? Which skincare products are you currently using? Let me know by commenting below!
The following brands are certified cruelty-free:
Trilogy and Supergoop!