The Natio Sheer Delight collection made my list of favourite new releases in March, so I am excited to bring you the first product review from the collection, the Lash Definition Mascara. It is easy to think all mascaras are the same, but they most definitely are not. This mascara has an incredibly unique applicator and that alone may make you doubt everything you ever thought you knew about mascara. But could a strange looking brush wand be enough to make this a great mascara? Keep reading my review to find out.
- From the outside the mascara looks like any other. It comes in a medium sized black tube and a silver band around the neck of the lid. The screw top does secure nicely and you can feel that it is airtight.
- As you can see from the photos, the mascara brush has a few of extra curves. I find this does grip the lashes extremely well, and it coats the lashes from root to tip.
- The brush is quite long so I find I can do the upper lashes of one eye in just two strokes. The brush separates the lashes really well so the only time I will need to do more than one coat is if I want them to be really dark.
- The mascara formula is quite black and it does intensify the more coats you do. I find 1 coat is suitable for daytime and 2 or more for evening.
- I found the mascara to last incredibly well. Every time I have worn it there has been no flake off before the 12 hour mark. After 12 hours on a couple of occasions it did flake a couple of bits but it was never uncomfortable. I had no cases of smudging or the mascara running, even in moderate rain or on very hot days. In fact, I even tested it multiple times by wearing it to sleep (eeep, bad I know!) and when I awoke in the morning it would have minor smudging beneath my eye but still no flaking. Still, I would never recommend wearing mascara to bed because it can rub against your skin, causing wrinkles. I just did this to see what would happen, as I do with all my reviews.
- There is next to no fragrance, and what you can smell is only if you stick your nose really close to the entry of the tube. Great for those with sensitive noses like me.
I find this very impressive for a mascara in general, but even more impressive as it is a natural product and my past experience with natural mascaras haven’t been up to the standard I like from my cosmetics. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a black mascara that separates and lengths lashes.
What Natio say ….
A silky, smudge-proof formula that creates longer, more voluminous looking lashes. The long-wear colour intensifies lashes, plumping and defining them in seconds. The innovative cork-screw wand grabs and separates each and every lash from root to tip.
Animal Cruelty Policy: Natio are an accredited cruelty-free company by Choose Cruelty Free (CCF) and some of their products are suitable for vegans.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polyester-5, CI 77499, Propylene Glycol, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP Hexadecene Copolymer, PVP, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
Australia $16.95 from Natio, David Jones and selected pharmacies.
USA & UK – Unavailable at this time. International shipping available from Natio
All images are the property of ThePlasticDiaries.com, unless otherwise credited. Use of these images without written consent is prohibited. If you wish to use them please contact me to request permission.
The product mentioned in this post was provided for consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are the authors own and remain 100% uninfluenced.