I am not one of those people who see New Years as a big deal. I usually think to myself ‘Oh no, here we go, another year’ but this time I was more than excited for the new year to come. I just know 2011 is going to be a year full of great things and being the impatient person I am, I wanted it to start already!
Getting wasted at someones house is really not my thing. I try to give it a go every few years but it always results in the same way ….. me passing out before 11am. Ok, so I am not great at holding my liquor. This year I was more than ready to spend the night lying in front of the fan trying to stay cool but my beautiful friend Erika called me at the last minute and insisted we go out for dinner (I was totally up for that seeing as though eating is one of my fave past times).
The lucky restaurant to be graced with our presence was North Bondi Italian Food, one of our all time favourite eateries. Their website is so crap but their food will knock your socks off. Anyway, this isn’t a food blog ….. (hrmmm but maybe in time?!?) …… Point is that the restaurant is at Bondi Beach so I thought I should go with a water/aqua theme.
Many of these products I was using for the first time so there will be reviews coming up very soon!
- Make Up For Ever – HD Microperfecting Primer in Yellow 6
- Make Up For Ever – HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 115
- Make Up For Ever – HD Invisible Cover Concealer in 325
- Make Up For Ever – HD Microfinish Powder
- Sephora Collection – Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark
- Benefit – Speed Brow
- Too Faced – Shadow Insurance
- NYX – Trio Eye Shadow in Aquamarine
- Givenchy – Phenomen’Eyes in Phenomen’Brown 2
- Make Up For Ever – Aqua Cream in Coral 9
- NYX – Mosaic Powder in Rosey
I left my hair somewhat natural and casual. I washed with Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging and let it air-dry for a couple minutes before spraying in some Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel. It amped up what little curl I have in my hair to create soft tousled locks like I had been at the beach all day.
All in all everything stayed in place perfectly and I came home (before midnight) looking the same as when I went out. That is a make-up win for me!