When I’m at home in my own city there is nothing I loathe more than spending a full day at the shops looking for beauty products. I LOVE shopping for beauty products but I find it most enjoyable when I’m in a foreign city. I adore shopping in the USA because of the huge selection available, the lower price points and the sales assistants who actually help you (yes, that’s rare in Australia).
I’ve just returned from a business trip in the USA and many of you have been nagging me to share my haul. I’m going to start with my beauty haul because it’s the largest (of course!). In comparison to past trips I would say this haul is small but I stuck to things I actually had on my lust list and/or items I absolutely love. I tried to keep the splurging to a minimum …. but I’m only human.
I have more hair products and tools than I do hair but I was still in desperate need of some new sectioning clips for heat styling. The Bumble & Bumble was a last-minute splurge because I love volumising powders and this one looked pretty.
- NCLA Designer Nail Wraps in Summer of Love
- NCLA Designer Nail Wraps in What Filter Should I Use?
- Deborah Lippmann The Stripper Polish Remover
- Deborah Lippmann The Stripper To Go Remover Mitts
- Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover
- NCLA Holographic Nail Lacquer in Spaced Out
The nail wraps are festival inspired and seeing as though Coachella has just passed me by for another year I thought these would lift my spirit. I bought a lot of polish remover because the trusty 100% acetone I’ve been using is starting to destroy my skin (bad, I know!). I loved the Maybelline NY Express Remover so I thought I would give the Sephora version a try.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear lipstick in Melted Fuchsia
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear lipstick in Melted Ruby
- BITE Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in Vivid/Violet
I really restrained myself in the lip department but I’ve developed an addiction to liquid lipstick while preparing for an upcoming article (stay tuned!). BITE is one of my favourite brands and I couldn’t pass up this double-ended wonder.
- Urban Decay Electric palette
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Duo 7 brush
- Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Clear
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown
Hi, my name is Kimmi and I’m a palette hoarder. My newest additions are so highly raved about I just had to get them. The Anastasia brow powder and brush are my Holy Grail. I’ve been using the same set since 2010 and I really needed some new ones.
- Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Compexion Prep Spray
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in 1.0
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder in Naked Light
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream in Light
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector in Light
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation in Light Neutral
- Tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer in Park Ave Princess
- Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush
A good base will make or break your look so I only ever invest in my complexion products after extensive research. All these products have received incredible rave reviews and after I experimented with them in-store I couldn’t walk away without them. I’m actually obsessed with every single one of these items.
- Supergoop! Skin Smoothing Mineral Sunscreen SPF40
- Supergoop! SPF30+ City Sunscreen Serum
- Supergoop! Acai Fusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF30
- DermOrganic 100% Pure Argan Oil
- Tarte Fresh Eyes Maracuja Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Wipes
Sunscreen is the best skincare product you can buy, you can never have enough of it. It just so happens that I’m a big fan of Supergoop! – it’s vegan, meets Australia and Europe’s strict sun protection standards, free of nasties and contains lots of good-for-you skincare ingredients. My only complaint is that they don’t make more products (the entire range is currently 12 strong)!
- Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X in Fuchsia
- EOS Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry
- Bliss Fuzz Off Bikini Hair Removal Cream
- Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive razors
- Nair Bikini Cream Sensitive Formula
- Gillette Venus Snap with Embrace
- Supergoop! Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C SPF50 (not pictured)
An at-home laser hair reduction tool has been on my shopping list for a long time but I was waiting until the technology improved enough that results were being seen after just a couple of months. The Tria has had rave reviews so I took the plunge. That means I will need to be removing hair more frequently in order to do the treatments myself so I stocked up on some old hair removal favourites and some new releases.
Gift With Purchases
Last but not least is all the fabulous gifts, perks and samples I received during my shopping time at Sephora and Ulta. These are just a handful!
Have you tried any of these products? Which ones would you like to see reviewed/swatched? Let me know by commenting below!