A hyaluronic acid serum could be the most important skincare product every single person should have in their skincare routine. The one I tried most recently is the popular Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age Advanced Serum by trending skincare company Deciem, and in this review I will share whether this serum has made a difference in my ongoing anti-aging battle.
- The Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age Advanced Serum is simply packaged in a transparent glass bottle with a dropper. It’s sturdy and worked well. There were never any spills or cracks, even though I dropped it numerous times. The one downside I found was that the dropper comes close too but not completely long enough to reach the very base of the bottle, so towards the end it was difficult to get out the last of the product. I had to pour it direct into my hand but I would end up with more product than required.
- The fluid is of a medium density and consistency. It’s light and spreads easily but not so runny that it would run straight out of my hands. The 2 to 4 drops I would apply to my fingertips would pool in the cracks between my fingers.
- It absorbs quickly, especially when applied to freshly cleansed and dried skin. On occasion my skin felt a bit tighter or drier after application and this was a good sign of when my body was dehydrated.
- As with the use of any hyaluronic acid product, it’s recommended to increase hydration from water and other skincare products like your moisturising cream. I didn’t always do this as I really struggle to consume liquids that aren’t a Slurpee and I think this did impact how well the product worked for me overall but I did see an improvement in my skins level of of hydration during it’s use. I had little to no dry patches and my skin bounced back satisfactorily from sleep lines and facial expression lines.
- There was no noticeable fragrance from this product. I loved that.
- The 30ml bottle lasted me over a month. Somedays I needed less serum than other days. I tailored it based on how dry my skin was feeling at the time of applying.
- I used the entire bottle! That is rare for me. I don’t usually like a product long enough before I’m drawn to something else, so I would stick to my minimum requirement of a 30 day trial before moving on. This product held my interest for the entirety and I would repurchase.
- Based on the experience with this product I would like to try other skincare products from the Hylamide range, and from the wider range of Deciem brands.
What Hylamide says ….
Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age Advanced Serum is a serum that offers visible anti-ageing results in five days. The formula combines copper peptides with amino acids to stimulate collagen production and boost overall skin health. It contains nonapeptide-3 Retino Complex with nine amino acids, which delivers the anti-ageing effects of retinol, without the associated irritation or UV susceptibility. Matrixyl Synthe 6 complex helps to reduce the look of lines, wrinkles and surface irregularities while restoring skin’s metabolism.
30mL / 1 fl oz
Do you use hyaluronic acid? Have you tried any Hylamide products? Let us know by commenting below!
Cruelty-free Certification/s: No
Company Statement: “We will not sell in mainland China because of its draconian, ridiculous and unnecessary animal testing requirements that have plagued the beauty business. We will continue not to test on animals. We also make no requirements for any of our suppliers to test on animals, nor do we pay any other party to do animal testing on our behalf.” – Co-CEO Nicola Kilner
Palm Oil-free: Yes
aqua (water), glycerin, hydrolyzed yeast extract, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, pentylene glycol, ethoxydiglycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, copper lysinate/prolinate, methylglucoside phosphate, hydrolyzed sodium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, ahnfeltia concinna extract, saccharide isomerate, polyglucuronic acid, lactobacillus/ eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, pseudoalteromonas ferment extract, phospholipids, lecithin, salicylic acid, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, polyacrylate crosspolymer-6, hexylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, sodium citrate, citric acid, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium benzoate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin