Winter has been absolutely torturous for my poor dehydrated lips, so I have been going through lip balms at a pace of 1 a fortnight. No really, that is how much I am using them!
When I found out Bloom Cosmetics and Boost Juice had teamed up (two of Australia’s biggest success stories) to create 6 lip balms inspired by top selling juices, I was stoked. I knew my fave Boost juice, Strawberry Squeeze, would make it into the top 6 because it is one of their biggest sellers. Well, I finally got my hands on my favourite juice inspired lip balm, and I can’t wait to share my thoughts on it.
My favourite Boost Juice, Strawberry Squeeze
What I Say ….
- The packaging is clean white plastic in an elongated oval shape. The turning thingo (english is good today!) is at the bottom and winds up without any force. It is actually the same packaging as Dermalogica’s Climate Control, except this one is white.
- I love this shape for lip balms because it hugs the lips perfectly and I seem to stay-between-the-lines with this shape more than round shapes. Clearly I am very special.
- The scent is distinctly strawberry but not quite the same as the real Strawberry Squeeze Boost juice. I think it is missing that mild banana element.
- The colour is extremely subtle so I wouldn’t call this a tinted lip balm but it is definitely not colourless. As you will see in my photos below, it does give some colour.
- The shine factor isn’t too much, and gives more of a healthy sheen.
- If I don’t eat or drink, the lip balm stays on my lips for about 4 hours. This may last longer for those who aren’t severely dehydrated like me!
- It has been working really well to smooth out those tiny little flakes that start to pop up. Sometimes lip balms can ‘exfoliate’ which annoys me when I am out during the day and don’t want my lips peeling even more, but this one doesn’t and I like that.
- Unfortunately this lip balm does not contain any sun protection which is one of my key pre-requisites for a daytime lip balm.
- It is free from parabens, petrochemicals, mineral oils and silicones for those of you who watch what goes on their skin.
Before and After: A subtle sheen camouflages my dehydration a little
If you like sweet smelling lip balms that get your lips to look a little healthier, and you don’t care too much about sun protection, than this a great balm for you.
What Bloom Say ….
We’ve taken your favourite Boost Juice smoothies and combined them in the beauty blender with soothing beeswax, nourishing jojoba seed oil and moisturising vitamin E. The result? Six mouth-watering new Bloom Lip Balms packed full of Boost flavour!
Give your lips a boost with your favourite Boost Juice flavours:
• Strawberry Squeeze
• Watermelon Crush
• Berry Bang
• Mango Tango
• Banana Buzz
• Tropical Storm
And of course we’ve stuck to our philosophy of botanical goodness, so these naturally flavoured Lip Balms are almost good enough to eat!
AU $6.95 rrp from Myer, David Jones, Bloom Flagship Store (574a Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC, Australia), selected Boost Juice stores and of course, Bloom online
Right now there is an EXTRA special offer at David Jones and selected Myer stores. You can pick up 2 of these babies for just $10. Just jump on to the Bloom website and follow the instructions to get your voucher. The offer is only valid till the end of July so don’t diddle daddle!
What do you think of this collaboration? What is your favourite Boost Juice? Let me know by commenting below!
All images are the property of The Plastic Diaries, excluding press release images. Use of these images without written consent is prohibited. If you wish to use them please contact me to request permission. Images are taken in natural light and remain unedited, unless otherwise stated.
This product was provided for consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are my own and remain 100% uninfluenced.