I realise it is the 2nd of February and it has taken me about a month to get this piece together, but as you will see ….. it is massive. To start, Pantone is a company best described as the head authority of colour. If you want to know what a colour is called, or create a colour, or match a colour, you go to Pantone. They are the final word in colour.
Each year, since 2000, the Pantone Color Institute have revealed their pick for Colour Of The Year. The winner this year ….. Honeysuckle. This type of appointment is bigger than their usual trend reports because the colour awarded with such honour has to last an entire year. The colour chosen has to meet many criteria, and one of those is all about what it means and makes us humans feel upon seeing it.
Energizing Honeysuckle Lifts Spirits and Imparts Confidence to Meet Life’s Ongoing Challenges
Personally, I have only ever known Pantone for their paints so when I found out that they actually work across all industries, including fashion, I became very interested. Hearing about what Honeysuckle stands for I instantly thought it was perfect for translation into the beauty arena. That, and the fact it is a beautiful colour!
What Pantone says about Honeysuckle ….
Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.
I have searched high and low for products that resemble this beautiful colour because I think it is one that could easily work for eyes, cheeks, lips and everything else. Here is what I found.
The milky pink shade has a strong red base which makes it a lip colour great for all skin tones. There are lots of variances on this colour for the lips but all with a unique difference. Some sheer, some glittery, some rich ….. all stunning.
- NP Set Lip Gloss Compact in Nisi Pink – AU $22 rrp
- Bloom Lip Gloss in Girlie – AU $24 rrp
- Estèe Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Shocking Pink – AU $42 rrp
- Korres Cherry Lip Gloss in Light Purple 23 – AU $29.95 rrp from Kit Cosmetics
- Face of Australia Mineral Lip Shine in Love Bite – AU $9.45 rrp
- Face of Australia Lip Quench SPF 30+ in Raspberry Rouge – AU $9.45 rrp
- Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Ballet – AU $12.95 rrp
- Bloom Lipstick in Honeysuckle – AU $28 rrp
- Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Lipstick in Pink Lust – AU $38 rrp
- Innoxa Couleurs D’ete Summer Matte Lipstick in Strawberry – AU $14.95 rrp from Myer
- NP Set Lipliner in Miami Pink – AU $22 rrp
While all these products are primarily designed for the cheeks, I think they all make for a great eye shadow.
- Bloom Sheer Colour Cream in Shy – AU $24 rrp
- Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Crushed Mineral Blush in Sherbert – AU $49.95 rrp
- Face of Australia Blush in Outback Primrose – AU $9.45 rrp
- NP Set Cruise Blush in Atlantic Coral – AU $25 rrp
TIP: Use the wet products as a base, then apply powder over the top. So pretty for the eyes or cheeks!
My favourite way to try out a new colour is to test it on my nails. It is the least obvious way of working out whether a colour goes with your skin tone. No doubt you will love these.
- Face of Australia Colour Pro Triple Action Nail Enamel in Pink Flutter – AU $6.95 rrp
- Face of Australia Colour Pro Triple Action Nail Enamel in Angel Baby – AU $6.95 rrp
- Nubar Nail Lacquar in Camelot Blossom – AU $13.20 rrp (Stockists: 1300 437 436)
- Bloom Nail Polish in Clara – AU $19.95 rrp
- Essie Nail Polish in Innocent – AU $18.95 rrp from Myer
- Bio Sculpture Gel in Grapefruit Cocktail – Salon Application only
I admit there are lots of people who are not a fan of pink make-up. That’s cool. I hear you. What about those beauty tools you have in boring black ….. you know they could do with a bold colour change.
- Tweezerman Pink Tweezermate 10x Magnification Travel Mirror – US $15 from Sephora
- Tweezerman Pink Deluxe Nail Clipper – US $10 from Sephora
- Manicare Precision Tweezers – AU $11.95 rrp
- Manicare Gel Toe Separators – AU $4.10 rrp
- Revlon Pedi-EXPERT Foot Smoother – AU $29.95 rrp from Priceline
- Tweezerman Sole Mates Dual Sided Foot File – AU $29.95 rrp from i-glamour
But wait ….
There is nothing nicer then a yummy berry Face Mask is there?
Bellaboo Berry Nice Face Fix Mask – AU $11.20
Get all the info on Honeysuckle, the Pantone 2011 Colour Of The Year. I also love browsing their website for colour inspiration.
I would love to know what you think of Honeysuckle. Would you wear it? Let me know by commenting below!
All images are the property of The Plastic Diaries, excluding press release images. Use of these images without written consent is prohibited. If you wish to use them please contact me to request permission. Images are taken in natural light and remain unedited, unless otherwise stated.
Some of these products were provided for consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are my own and remain 100% uninfluenced.