A perfect smile is one of the few things that appear on almost every single persons beauty wishlist. Most people try to have their imperfect bites and smiles corrected as a child or teenager, but that doesn’t always produce the ideal results. Things have come a long way from when I had braces as a teen so I asked Dr Christian Coachman, pioneer of Digital Smile Design, to share his knowledge with us.
Below, Dr Coachman reveals 5 important things you need to know about getting the “Hollywood Smile”.
Be careful when you ask for a Hollywood smile – because it can have different meanings. Sometimes it means white big and fake looking; or a beautiful natural look. There is no right or wrong, you need to find out what type of smile will harmonise with your face and with your character.
- Prevention – it is always better, easier and less expensive to prevent a problem than to treat the problem. So seeing your dentist regularly is very important
- Find out if your dentist is also a SMILE DESIGNER that he/she understands your smile, within the context of your face, your personality, your culture, to create the best natural looking smile that suits YOU!
- A new Hollywood smile depends directly on the quality of the ceramic technician that your dentist is using so find out if your dentist works with a top technician or if he sends his work overseas to a cheap laboratory.
- Make sure you can design your smile before starting the treatment. So you can test drive your smile using Digital Smile Design and generate a blueprint that will guide the treatment which your Cosmetic Dentist can implement.
- A smile makeover will depend on teamwork. A smile transformation will depend not only on your main dentist but the quality of the periodontist, the orthodontist and the surgeon that he works with.
Dr Coachman has brought his concept, Digital Smile Design, to Australia and it is now available to us through Dr David Dunn at Macquarie Street Centre in Sydney.
About Dr Coachman
Dr Christian Coachman, Brazilian Dentist to the stars, graduated in Dental Technology in 1995 and in Dentistry at the University of São Paulo/Brazil in 2002. He is a member of the Brazilian Academy and Society of Aesthetic Dentistry and of the American Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (AAED).
Dr Coachman attended the Ceramic Specialization Program at the Ceramoart Training Centre, where he also became an instructor.
Dr. Coachman has been working with many leading dentists around the world such as Dr Van Dooren (Belgium), Gurel (Turkey), Fradeani (Italy), Bichacho (Israel), Ricci (Italy) and Calamita (Brazil).
Currently he is the scientific coordinator of the e-learning website identalclub and is acknowledged as a world leader in Cosmetic Dentistry using digital imaging. Dr Coachman has lectured and published internationally in the fields of aesthetic dentistry, dental photography, oral rehabilitation, dental ceramics and implants.
Do you dream of a new smile? Does your teeth and smile concern you? Let me know by commenting below!