Now that I so close to taking my vacation I am embedding myself in full holiday beauty prep mode. One thing I always forget about before and during a holiday is my hair. I want it to look good and stay healthy no matter what it goes through. Air travel, sun, sand and pools … how do I keep it in top shape without it eating into my holiday fun?
I asked Alan Buki, Co-Founder of Original & Mineral, Owner of Original A and Co-Founder of O&M.nyc to tell me what I need to do.
- Have your colour and cut done the week before you travel to allow it to settle or make any changes if it needs to be tweaked.
- If travelling for a long period of time, get your hairdressers advice on who to see, and or what they should be using if you need to have your hair coloured – your regular hairdresser in most cases will give you their colour recipes when travelling.
- Have a blow dry. Why waste your time doing your own hair when in most places you can get a quick cheap blow dry which will last for days? Not only are you meeting people but you’re not wasting your time stuck in your hotel room and a good blow dry tends to last longer than the ones we do ourselves.
- Take your own mini products. Lots of hotels don’t tend to stock great products in their bathrooms and this tends to affect your hair. Hotel products can be drying and or cause fly aways on the hair. Try O&M’s mini styling and haircare products – they’re the perfect travel size for your handbag and/or carry-on.
- Before you travel on holidays look at doing gloss treatments in your hair. This will lock colour and moisture into your strands, keeping your hair shiny and healthy whilst playing on holidays.
About Alan Buki
From a very young age, Alan Buki always knew he would be a hair stylist. Co-owner of iconic Australian haircare brand Original & Mineral (O&M) and co-owner and founder of popular boutique hair salon, Original A in Sydney’s busy fashion district of Paddington, Alan almost never leaves the salon.
With over 21 years of experience in the hair industry, Alan has maintained a stellar reputation due to his many years of amazing work in Australia and abroad. After completing his hairdressing studies in Sydney, Alan looked towards Europe and soon found himself working in London as a stylist for five years alongside legendary organic hairdresser Daniel Field. In early 200, Alan returned to Australia with his wife and O&M business partner, Jose Bryce-Smith, to open their first salon Atlantis Hair. After discovering ammonia-free hair colour in London, highly interested in the benefits of natural-based formulas, Alan brought the colour back to Australia for use in his own salon, which became the first natural-based hair salon in Sydney.
Alan’s celebrity and royal clientele across the years have included Madonna, Lenny Kravitz, Sarah Ferguson, Sting, Sir Richard Branson & Hollie Branson, Jodie Kidd, Sophie Monk and Fifi Box. He has worked with many top fashion labels including KAHLO, Leona Edmiston and Camilla. With big plans for O&M already in fruition, Alan is excited for the future of O&M, which is distributed in Australia, the USA, New Zealand and Singapore. You can purchase O&M products from Adore Beauty.
Do you do anything different with your hair before travelling? Would you visit a hairdresser while on vacation? Let me know by commenting below!