When you hear “Top 50 Most Influential People in Beauty” few would think a beauty blogger would fall into that selection. You would probably think of celebrities, fashion designers, makeup artists, beauty retailers and frankly anyone other than a blogger. However, for one very well deserving blogger, it’s undeniable that her influence is far greater than many of those you may initially consider and it has been cemented by the fact she has been included on a list created by one of the world’s leading authorities on the matter.
WWD (Women’s Wear Daily) is the industry insider in all things fashion and beauty. A few days ago WWD Beauty Inc announced first annual list of the power players who are shaping the beauty business today. You will see in the list below that there are a few surprises (including one of our favourite Australian retailers) but one that is no surprise to me or anyone that reads her blog is that of Christine Mielke of Temptalia.
It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of Christine’s. Since meeting her in 2011 my admiration and respect for her has grown 10 fold and I was honoured when she appointed me as a regular contributor. But Christine is not your average beauty blogger – she is a leader and an inventor. I’m writing this hear because I for one feel that if you are yet to introduce yourself to the Temptalia site you should make it a priority.
Now, the business end …
Top 50 Most Influential People in Beauty
- Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, L’Oréal
- Jose Barra, Senior Vice President of Merchandising, Health & Beauty, Target
- Ivan Bart, Senior Vice President, Managing Director, IMG Models
- Pamela Baxter, President, Chief Executive Officer, LVMH Perfumes and Cosmetics N.A. and Christian Dior Inc.
- E. Scott Beattie, Chairman, President, Chief Executive Officer, Elizabeth Arden Inc.
- Philippe Benacin, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Inter Parfums SA
- Honorine Blanc, Master Perfumer, Firmenich
- Gina Boswell, Executive Vice President, Personal Care, North America, Unilever
- Eva Chen, Editor in Chief, Lucky Magazine
- Shannon Curtin, Group Vice President, General Merchandise Manager, Beauty, Walgreens
- Christine Dagousset, Global Deputy General Manager, Fragrance and Beauté, Chanel Inc.
- John Demsey, Group President, The Estée Lauder Cos. Inc.
- Dario Ferrari, Founder and President, Intercos
- Carsten Fischer, Representative Director, Corporate Senior Executive Officer, Shiseido Company LTD.
- Bill Fisher, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Manzanita Capital
- Tom Ford
- Fabrizio Freda, President, Chief Executive Officer, The Estée Lauder Cos. Inc.
- Muriel Gonzalez, Executive Vice President, General Merchandise Manager, Cosmetics, Fragrances and Shoes, Macy’s inc.
- Marco Habert, Managing Director, Deutsche Bank
- Deb Henretta, Group President, Global Beauty, Procter & Gamble
- Nicolas Hieronimus, President, Selective Divisions, L’Oréal
- Jo Horgan, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Mecca Cosmetica
- Scott Huff, Senior Vice President, Consumables, Wal-mart Stores inc.
- Marc Jacobs
- Carlotta Jacobson, President, Cosmetic Executive Women
- Karen Katz, President, Chief Executive Officer, Neiman Marcus
- Howard Kreitzman, Vice President, Cosmetics and Fragrances, Bloomingdale’s
- Trey Laird, Chief Executive Officer, Laird + Partners
- Christopher de Lapuente, Chief Executive Officer, Sephora Global
- William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman,The Estée Lauder Cos. Inc.
- Dave Lewis, President, Personal Care, Unilever
- Gemma Lionello, Executive Vice President, General Merchandise Manager, Cosmetics, Nordstrom
- Claudia Lucas, Director of Beauty Merchandising, QVC
- Pat McGrath, Makeup Artist, Creative Design Director, Procter & Gamble
- Marigay McKee, President, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Chris McMillan
- Christine Mielke, Founder, Editor in Chief, Temptalia
- Nicolas Mirzayantz, Group President, Fragrances, International Flavors and Fragrances
- Guido Palau, Hair Stylist, Creative Consultant, Redken
- Claudia Poccia, President, Chief Executive Officer, Gurwitch Products
- Marc Puig, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Puig
- Frederic Roze, President, Chief Executive Officer, L’Oréal Americas
- Shelley Rozenwald, Chief Beauty Adventurer, Senior Vice President of Cosmetics, Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor
- Michele Scannavini, Chief Executive Officer, Coty Inc.
- Philip Shearer, Chief Executive Officer, Groupe Clarins
- Giovanni Testino, Founder, Art Partner
- Chance Wales, Director of Beauty, Health and Personal Care, Amazon
- Brooke Wall, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, The Wall Group
- Linda Wells, Editor in Chief, Allure
- Wende Zomnir, Chief Creative Officer, Cocreator, Urban Decay
What do you think of the Top 50? Are you shocked by someone who is/isn’t on the list? Let me know by commenting below!