One spa I’ve always wanted to visit is the Aurora Spa Retreat in Melbourne. It’s tucked away in The Prince Hotel, where I’ve stayed previously, but I never made it to the spa. Luckily, with their Aurora Spa Rituals product line you don’t have to be in Melbourne to get a taste of their beauty treatments.
Aurora Spa Rituals is a small but essential collection of products directly inspired by the treatments offered at the spa. They combine botanical recipes with modern technology so their products are just as effective as they are beautiful. I trialled the Invigorating Body Cleanser which has a unique combination of Grapefruit and Seaweed. Did it leave me refreshed, clean and uplifted? Read on for the answer.
- The 500ml white glass bottle with black pump pack is an elegant unisex addition to the bathroom.
- A liquid-gel formula makes the product very light and comfortable to use with a shower tool of your choice or your hands. It lightly foams and easily rinses away.
- Despite having Seaweed prominently mentioned in the name, I found this body wash only had the scent of grapefruit. In my opinion that is a good thing as I wouldn’t like the scent of seaweed on my body.
- Grapefruit is an ingredient I love in cleansers. It’s fresh, uplifting and as the cleanser says – invigorating. My skin feels well cleansed after use but not dry or stripped of the important oils in my skin. This is very important as I’ve been using it through the heat of an Australian summer, when usually my pores get clogged with sweat. This cleanser has kept the clogging to a minimal amount.
- I’ve been using this cleanser daily (sometimes multiple times a day) for over 30 days and it isn’t even half empty. I believe for the value and quality it’s well deserving of a premium price tag.
What Aurora Spa Rituals say ….
Rejuvenate and invigorate the body with this daily hydrating and cleansing ritual. This stimulating sulphate-free wash contains energising pure essential oils.
Do you use a luxury body wash? Does the sound of seaweed put you off? Let me know by commenting below!
Aurora’s own claim is that they are against animal testing, however they aren’t certified by any official cruelty-free organisation.
The use of animal ingredients and/or bi-products is not mentioned – refer to individual product listing. You can find to their claims on the Aurora Spa Retreat website.
Aqueous extract of aloe barbensis (aloe vera) leaf extract, sodium lauroyl sarconsinate, lauryl glucoside, hydroxyethylcellulose, citrus paradise (pink grapefruit) oil, citrus sinesis (sweet orange) oil, citrus limonum (lemon) oil, cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil, ascophyllum nodosum (seaweed) extract, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, citric acid.