The last few months I’ve been suffering terribly with the odd pimple popping up. I learnt how to treat blind pimples, which has been very helpful, but it hasn’t stopped them from occurring. In my case I know I get stress pimples, but until I master the art of relaxation I’m using every product I can to keep the pimples at bay.
The Avene Cleanance Spot Treatment is a product designed for my exact problem. Using what I learnt about blind pimples I reached for this product over the last 2 months as a pimple made itself visible. Now I can share my review of how well it worked.
- Unlike most spot treatments, this one comes packaged as a super-thin crayon-pen. It reminds me of a crayon-style lip liner except for its off-white colour.
- The formula is very soft and creamy when you are applying it to your skin, and for the most part the crayon holds its shape. On really warm days a large chunk of product would break off during use.
- I like the ease of application and how small the product is, but the downside is that it was really uncomfortable to rub the stick over a painful, inflamed pimple. Once the pimple has lost that build up of pressure there was no pain using this product.
- No stinging or burning sensation was felt when using this product on open or closed skin. I felt this was one of the more gentle spot treatments I’ve used, not as drying.
- When used only on a closed pimple, without me properly removing the gunk beneath the surface, it took about 5-7 days to get rid of the pimple. This was if I started applying it as soon as I saw the first sign of a raised blind pimple. I found the product didn’t reduce or remove any redness from the pimple until it entered the reduction stage.
- In the case of correctly removing all infected gunk from the pimple, and then applying the product, it took an average of 2 days to completely clear any redness and marks.
- In my opinion it’s a slower working spot treatment but much gentler to skin. Harsher spot treatments may work quicker to try out the pimple but they often leave my skin in the treated area overly dried out, sometimes resulting in flaking skin.
- I’d recommend this for people who have the occasional outbreak or a few pimples at one time.
What Avene say ….
Formulated to help eliminate localised blemishes.
- Daily use for localised blemishes
- Helps reduce redness and prevents blemishes from returning
- Visible results quickly
- Easy to use and convenient
- Helps to absorb and regulate excess oil
Australia $19.95 from Priceline and selected pharmacies
Do you use a spot treatment? When was the last time you had a pimple pop up? Let me know by commenting below!
Avene’s own claim is that they do not conduct animal testing, however they do sell their products in China where animal testing is currently required by law.
Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mica, Salicylic Acid, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Kaolin , Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Citric Acid, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Glycerol Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Pyridoxine HCL, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Titanium Dioxide (C1 77891), Tocopherol, Zinc Gluconate