Dry skin needs a lot of extra TLC in my opinion. If you want smooth, healthy skin you have to fight to keep it hydrated, especially in summer. Internal and external sources of hydration are important to all skin types but extra dry skin can take a little more work to keep the thirst quenched. My dry skin is pretty tough and can get through most conditions relatively unharmed but in summer my legs can get so dry they reveal scales.
I need a body lotion that will hydrate my dry skin but is gentle enough on irritations as well as being highly effective to work fast and help my skin build a stronger barrier. Bioderma’s Atoderm range is specifically designed for dry and very dry skin. Having had success with the body wash, I wanted to try the lotion. Here are my findings.
- I have the 200ml product which comes in transparent plastic tube packaging with a large blue base/lid. A 500ml in a pump pack is also available. Bioderma’s packaging is kept simple across their range and use colour coding for their different product lines; blue represents Atoderm. It’s nothing fancy but the basic packaging suits the highly-effective french drugstore brand. Just like the products, the packaging is functional and easy to use. The plastic tube is easy to squeeze and the large lid clicks closed firmly.
- The white formula is a thin cream consistency, like lotion. It’s not as runny as a body milk.
- It moves across the skin very smoothly and it’s easy to rub in. My skin sucks the product up like it’s a cold drink of water. I like that it seeps in quickly and my body doesn’t take long to dry.
- There is no noticeable fragrance from using the product. If I stick it right up to my nose there is a very faint lotion scent but I really think I struggled to find it.
- A very small amount of product does a lot of area. I use about half of what I would normally pump out to use on my body.
- It was helpful at calming down the itchiness I get from when my skin is too dry.
- After weeks of daily use I’ve found my skin to be looking healthier and less dry.
What Bioderma say ….
Through its Atoderm range, BIODERMA has an original solution for very dry to atopic sensitive skin. Thanks to its dermo-patented formulas, Atoderm biologically and lastingly restores the hydrolipidic film of skin lacking moisture and lipids.
- Thanks to its nourishing and restructuring agents, Atoderm Crème biologically strengthens the skin barrier and thereby curbs the penetration of irritants.
- Enriched with moisturising agents, Atoderm Crème binds water in the upper layers of the skin and keeps it from evaporating
- Lastingly moisturises
- Provides softness and suppleness from the first application
- Guarantees excellent tolerance
- Creamy texture
- Fragrance-free formula
- Available in a scented version
UK £10.95 from Escentual
Have you tried Bioderma? Do you suffer from very dry skin? Let me know by commenting below!
According to Paula’s Choice, Bioderma does test on animals. There is no statement or information on Bioderma’s website about their practices with animals.
AQUA/WATER/EAU, MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ISONONANOATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, MYRETH-3 MYRISTATE, STEARETH-21, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE. [BI475]