While testing the Dermaroller Beauty Mouse I needed a cellulite skincare product to accompany the trial. I chose BioElixia’s BodyShaper Cellulite Contour Crème because it’s been rising to somewhat of a cult status since launching. I love supporting local ingenuity so I was pleased to find BioElixia is an Australian owned and made company. However, results were the key point of this trial and as summer forced me to bare more skin than I would usually I was hoping this product would blow me away. Well, my cellulite anyway.
To test the product I applied the creme twice daily to both my legs, as per the instructions, and on the right leg I teamed it with the Beauty Mouse on average every second day for 30 days. Would the creme be effective all on its own? My review reveals all.
- The 150ml tube is contained enough product for me to sufficiently do a 30-day trial applying the product to my inner and outer thighs as well as my buttocks. BioElixia states one tube should last 4 weeks of use and that aligns with my findings. I could probably have scrapped more out of the tube if I cut it open.
- I found the consistency to be quite strange and not one I would class as a “cream”. The texture is a mix between a gel-cream and a lotion, it’s light-weight and only a tiny amount is required to cover a large surface area. At first I found myself using too much product but after a few uses I put it down to an average size of one 10c coin (a quarter for the US folks) per leg.
- The formula makes it easy to rub into the skin and leaves a smooth residue on the surface while it sinks in. When used with the Beauty Mouse it was absorbed nearly 4 times as fast and no residue was left behind. I much preferred to have it absorb fast because I don’t like getting dressed in the morning while there is a risk of leaving product on my clothes. At night this was of no concern for me.
- There is a distinct scent to this product that I personally didn’t like. Initially I found the fragrance to be unique and not too offensive but after a week of having to apply the product twice daily I found myself extremely put off by the scent. I’m not sure if this is a synthetic fragrance added to the product (Parfum is listed in the ingredients) or if it’s just the mix of all ingredients. In my opinion it smells light & fresh at first but has a strong chemical “aftertaste” that lingers.
- I used this product exclusive of any major lifestyle changes (such as exercise) so that I could purely test the function of the creme on its own merit. To really tackle cellulite though you need to combine any treatment with diet and exercise. Despite this I still found a visible improvement in the texture of my skin after 30 days of use. The skin appeared smoother and dimples weren’t as deep.
- The requirement of using this product twice a day was a bit tedious for my liking. In the mornings I do very little body care – after showering I will only use a body lotion with SPF or a stand-alone sunscreen. I understand the need to use a product as often as this for such a targeted problem but I much prefer to use body products in the evening when I’m not in a rush.
- All BioElixia products are free from parabens, formaldehydes, sulphates, phthalates, paraffins, artificial colours and dyes, SLS and SLEs and DEAs. I think that is quite unique for a product with so much science behind it.
Find out how well this product worked when teamed with the Beauty Mouse.
What BioElixia say ….
Struggling with cellulite? Looking for a cellulite cream that is scientifically proven to work? This powerful cellulite cream delivers more key ingredients to where they are needed most, smoothing away bumpy thighs. Natural ingredients like caffeine and forskolin visibly improve the appearance of cellulite, while retinol initiates the feeling of skin rejuvenation, elasticity and firmness. These ingredients are delivered into the skin using our patented TPM®Dermal Delivery Technology
The end result for you? A reduction in the appearance of cellulite and visibly smoother skin.
Scientifically proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite by an average of 38%* after 4 weeks of use, and 57%* after 8 weeks of use.
*Independent 2012 Consumer Study, USA: statistically significant results from scientifically validated photogrammetric analysis of 5 women at 28 days and 56 days
Australia $59 from David Jones, Myer, Priceline, Terry White and BioElixia
Do you have cellulite you wish to treat? Are you already using a cellulite treatment? Let me know by commenting below!
The testing and source of ingredients of this product is unknown. As it does not appear on any official cruelty-free list we cannot be sure of its involvement with animal testing. We will update this policy when we receive an official statement from a company representative.
Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Sodium Acrylates, Copolymer, Caffeine, Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Phosphate, Disodium Lauriminodipropionate Tocopheryl Phoshpate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Coleus Forskholii (Forskolin )Root Extract, Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Parfum, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherols, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Resveratrol, Bisabolol, Retinol, Beta Carotene, Glyceryl Linoleate, Lutein.