Despite my admiration and lust for Christian Louboutin’s sexy women’s shoes, I will never own a pair. Unfortunately the french designer exclusively uses leather and exotic animal skins, something I’m very much against. However, now there is something for girls like me now that Louboutin has officially made his entry into the beauty world. Let’s give a warm welcome to Christian Louboutin Beauté.
The very first product will come of no surprise. The iconic red sole of Louboutin’s heels has been bottled in the form of nail lacquer, capturing that sexy red hue fashionista’s all over the world identify in a glimpse.
Rouge Louboutin… a timeless, vibrant red suited to any skin tone. A true objet d’art of a dramatic 8-inch height inspired by the tallest heel Christian Louboutin ever created- the Ballerina Ultima. The iconic Rouge is encased in a faceted, weighted glass bottle with an unique ombré effect. The tall slender cap, inspired by calligraphy, turns the application into a luxurious experience, inviting women to take their time. The custom-designed, patented triangular brush picks up the right amount of formula, without air bubbles, to deliver flawless, chip-resistant coverage. A highly pigmented, super glossy formula delivers in just two coats the effect of 20 layers of traditional lacquer. Enclosed in a patent leather like finish presentation box with a red reveal.
Rouge Louboutin will be the focus for quite sometime, and understandably as it’s the red hue that makes Louboutin’s stand-out amongst the masses. However, it’s not the only colour in the line. 30 more shades will be unveiled at the end of August – a collection divided into three colour families – Pop, Nude and Noir.
Of course this nail lacquer couldn’t come packaged like any old regular lacquer. Louboutin is a stickler for details and this extends all the way down to the edges of the glass bottles. The 16-faceted bottle, produced by Pochet, has its edges smoothed with a hand-held flame. Likewise, the little box container is also made by hand. According to the brand’s GM, it takes 22 weeks to make each piece.
The signature Rouge Louboutin has its own special packaging: a glass orb in gradient shades of black, and a black cap taller than the rest of the lacquers. From the sneak peek we have been given of the other shades, it appears that the colour of the spike will correlate with the three colour families.
Priced at $50 a bottle Rouge Louboutin, which went on sale yesterday in the 15 USA Louboutin stores and at Saks Fifth Avenue NYC flagship, is just the beginning. Here’s the plan for Louboutin Beauté’s global domination:
- August 1 – Rouge Louboutin goes on sale at Lane Crawford, Hong Kong. It will also be unveiled in Germany and Switzerland.
- August 6 – Rouge Louboutin will go on sale at Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and select Sephora stores. Pre-ordering is now available.
- August 7 – Rouge Louboutin goes on sale at Brown Thomas, Ireland.
- August 14 – Rouge Louboutin goes on sale in the UK at Selfridges, Harrods and Harvey Nichols.
- August 25 – Rouge Louboutin goes on sale at Antonia’s, Milan.
- August 31 – Remaining 30 shades of Louboutin’s nail enamel collection will go on sale in the USA. All other countries will be available 1 month after the locations Rouge Louboutin on sale date.
- September 10 – Rouge Louboutin goes on sale in the middle east.
As usual, there is no news about poor little Australia so if and when that is announced tune into Facebook for the announcement.
Will you be buying a bottle? Do you own a pair of Louboutin shoes? Let me know by commenting below!
Ingredients list is unavailable at time of publishing.