Lipstick is a beauty product I have only really started to appreciate. It has been a long time coming, but with such dehydrated lips it was never a product I could embrace. Since I discovered The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ I can give lipsticks a good go. Sure, not all formulas work for me, but I am having a great time testing them.
One of the brands known for making great lipstick has to be Estée Lauder, and now they have released two new lipstick collections to extend their growing Pure Color category. The addition of Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick and Pure Color Crystal Lipstick sees a total of 4 new finishes introduced to their range, and that just means more options for us picky ladies!
Today I am focusing on the Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick, which comes in two finishes:
Color true pigment polymers provide a soft, shiny finish
Brilliant pigments provide a multi-faceted effect on the lips
In my opinion and only based on the two colours I have to compare, I think the finishes are very similar. The Satin Creme looks silky and shiny but in some light it still looks like there is an itty bitty amount of micro-shimmer. The Lustrous Shimmer finish is also silky but in my eyes the shine is coming from the shimmer and not the colour itself. I think the best way to tell the difference would be to get one of each in a nearly exact same colour, which would be difficult because the website doesn’t say which colour has which finish.
There are 21 brand new shades in the range, but I highly recommend you head into your nearest stockist (scroll down for details) and have a look at these in person. I find the swatches on the official Estée Lauder website are nothing like the colours in real life.
Now that the finishes out of the way, lets look at the colours I have to show you. All photos are taken in natural light, however I was clearly having a bad day because I seemed to go outside the lines a tad. Apologies for my ‘special-ness’.
Pink Ambition in Satin Creme finish
This yummy candy pink is subtle but provides a great pop of colour to someone with a dull skin tone like mine. It is highly pigmented which I find rare in lighter pink tones and the ‘shimmer’ factor is minimal but I still wouldn’t recommend this colour to a mature aged women unless she has the skin of a 20 yr old.
Sizzling Bronze in Lustrous Shimmer finish
I really wish this colour was around for our summer just gone. It is a beautiful soft bronze colour with slightly peach undertones. It is definitely not brown like most ‘bronze’ shades so it is versatile to more skin tones, in my opinion. The shimmer is a little more obvious than the Satin Creme finish but in this colour it just accentuates the beautiful colour.
What I Say ….
- I found both lipsticks applied easily and didn’t pull across the lip, resulting in more flakes.
- The color lasted quite well but for me I could only test it up to 4 hours because I am a pig and had to eat something by then. Unfortunately it didn’t stay on once I stuffed my face.
- I think the packaging of the Pure Color lipsticks are way better looking than the Double Wear lipsticks. These Pure Color ones are square shaped with a gold reflective lid and a clear base, displaying the colour with a suspended pot in the middle.
- The lid seals really well on these. There is no way that baby will come off during daily handbag rough housing.
What Estée Lauder Says ….
Estée Lauder and Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux introduce new Pure Color Lipstick, uniting fashion and technology with two new luxurious formulas that set the stage for modern lip looks. Decorate and define your lips with the new formulas of Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick and Pure Color Crystal Lipstick to create a fresh, bold statement that reignites your passion for lipstick. The high-performance formulas are fused with an expansive palette of hues that promise a lip look for any desired occasion from a subtle whisper of color to a vivacious, siren red. These lipsticks are expertly crafted and specially formulated to maintain the highest quality of color performance, shine and wear… the new Pure Color Lipstick.
HIGH PERFORMANCE FORMULA
- Exclusive True VisionTM Technology incorporates intense, highly pigmented shades for a saturated, color rich application
- Concentrated pigments are wrapped into a crystalline laminate polymer for a multi-dimensional look that is magnified and rich in color
- Lips are drenched in moisture by Apricot Kernel, Shea Butter and Vitamins C and E
ICONIC, MODERN DESIGN
- The classic Estée Lauder golden-mirrored packaging is accented with a crisp, transparent cube that offers a preview of the enticing lipstick shade
- The jewelled-like lipstick case reinforces the classic, modern beauty behind Pure Color
Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick: 21 INTENSELY PIGMENTED SHADES
- Classic favorites are updated with a broad spectrum of exciting new colors, from muted neutrals to lively, vibrant shades
- Dynamic long lasting wear for a powerful, fade-proof lip that lasts the day
- Medium to full indulgently buildable coverage
AU $45 rrp from Estée Lauder online, Myer and David Jones.
US $24 rrp from Estée Lauder online
UK £18 rrp from Estée Lauder online
NOTE: Colour availability varies between countries. On the Australian website you will find Pink Ambition named Ambition, and Sizzling Bronze named Bronze. Unfortunately the official swatches are not true to colour in MY opinion.
All images are the property of The Plastic Diaries, excluding press release images. If you wish to use them please contact me to request permission.
These items were provided for consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy