The first step in my makeup removal process is to remove the bulk of my eye makeup. I like to do this with a makeup remover on a cotton pad so that I can soak it off my eyes for a bit and then remove by cleansing the area or using a makeup removal towelette. This means I require a makeup remover that is both effective at dissolving heavy grade makeup (waterproof mascara, liquid eyeliner, lash glue, etc) as well as gentle enough to not sting my eyes. Does the Face of Australia Gentle Make-Up Remover offer everything I need? Find out in my review.
- Packaged in a clear plastic bottle, the 125ml remover is dual-phase and must be shaken to activate. I find this interesting because usually a dual-phase formula has an oil component but this is an oil-free remover so I’m not exactly sure what the separated parts are.
- A screw-off lid reveals a clear cap with a small hole. This restricts the outflow of remover so you can control just how much you want on the cotton pad. I find a couple of good shakes soaks the cotton pad enough to cover an eye. I always use two cotton pads, holding them both on my eyes to soak off at the same time.
- The liquid has no fragrance or scent which is a positive to me. I don’t like the idea of putting fragrance in or around my eyes.
- It feels very light on my skin, a little thicker than water. After I remove the last traces of makeup it leaves my skin with a slightly oily feeling which I like because it means it didn’t dry out my skin. In the evening I can be too lazy to put on eye cream so the left over hydrating residue from this remover makes me feel like my skin is getting a drink.
- I’ve been able to remove anything and everything with this remover. I do generally use it only on my eyes but I’ve used it on my face as well and it does a good job. The only issue I have with using it on the face is how many cotton pads I need to go through to get all my makeup off. That says more about how much makeup I wear than it does the remover!
What Face of Australia say ….
FACE OF AUSTRALIA presents our innovative Make-Up Remover that is a dual phase formula containing no Oil or Parabens.
This super gentle fluid is activated when liquid is shaken combining the two phases for the ultimate make-up removal. With a tear compatible pH, this fragrance free formula melts away all types of make-up including stay-put and waterproof and will not sting sensitive eyes. Contains soothing Cornflower Extract.
Australia $8.95 from Priceline, Kmart, Big W and selected pharmacies.
USA & UK – Available internationally from Fashion Addict
Do you have a makeup remover you love? Let me know by commenting below!
Face of Australia are accredited cruelty-free by Choose Cruelty-Free (CCF). Some products are suitable for vegans, please refer to the individual ingredient listing before purchase.
Water, Cyclomethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Lauralkonium Chloride.