Brows are the one part of my face that never go without a bit of makeup. I couldn’t bare to leave the house without my brows done, and more importantly so when my brows are overgrown and in need of reshaping. That was the case this month when I didn’t have a second to get to a brow bar but needed my brows to look respectable. It gave me the perfect opportunity to try out Face of Australia’s High Definition Eyebrow Kit.
I have reviewed this universal compact for you and included my own before & after shots. Can this beauty kit solve my brow hair woes?
- The compact is the exact same size as a NYX Trio Eye Shadow. It contains brow powder in two shades, a brow wax for setting, an angled applicator brush, a pair of slant tweezers and the lid has a mirror fitted inside.
- It could have been the PERFECT all-in-one kit if it contained a brow brush or spoolie to comb hairs into place. It’s still a great option for travel as it contains nearly everything you need.
- If you haven’t used a powder and wax brow kit before, it’s very simple. Instructions are included on the back of this kit which is great because many similar kits don’t. After shaping brow hairs you apply the wax all over the brows. This keeps hairs in place as well as providing a sticky base for the powder to go over the top.
- The kit is available in one universal shade. The lighter coloured powder would be suitable for blonde hairs and the brown hue would be suitable for most brunettes. You can mix the two powders if you sit somewhere in the middle and it would give a more realistic appearance of hair. I personally feel this kit wouldn’t be suitable for those with black hairs.
- A pair of tweezers are included in this kit which is great for emergencies. They aren’t great quality tweezers and they’re a little small to grip so they are best used for removing a stray hair when you spot one, not for shaping your brows.
- The mirror in the lid is great quality, it has a perfectly accurate reflection which is essential for me to do my brows.
See how this brow kit looked in a makeup tutorial.
What Face of Australia say ….
Face of Australia High Definition Eyebrow Kit is a set of shaping and grooming tools used to colour, shape and define eyebrows. The kit includes a wax, duo brow powder, applicator brush, a small mirror, and precision slant tweezers.
Australia $9.45 from Priceline, Kmart, Big W and selected pharmacies.
USA & UK – Available internationally from Fashion Addict
Do you have a brow kit you love? What type of brow products do you purchase? Let me know by commenting below!
Face of Australia are accredited cruelty-free by Choose Cruelty-Free (CCF). Some products are suitable for vegans, please refer to the individual ingredient listing before purchase.
BROW POWDER – Mica, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Isostearyl Isostearate, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Bis- Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499). BROW WAX – Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talk, Kaolin, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, Microcristallina Cera, Beeswax, Diisostearyl Malate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499).