This post is sponsored by Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard
When I went to New York Fashion Week just a few months ago it was the wind down of North America’s summertime and the fashionable attendees were showing off their hottest summer looks. Now that summer has started for us in Australia, we have the opportunity to rock some of those looks.
To help you master the beauty trends of summer, without jumping on a plane, I’ve collated what you need to recreate some of my favourite looks with the best international sourced beauty products.
The rocking hair trend this summer (and beyond) is colour! More specifically, selective placement of unique colour. Ombre and dip-dye are still going strong but the trend is moving towards more creative thinking. Whether it be rainbow highlights, hairline pastels or grandma grey balayage, you can create something personal with the use of temporary or permanent hair dyes.
It’s been a year-round trend for us but bright lips are remaining the focus over the coming season. It’s perfect for summer to reflect the upbeat mood we feel in warm weather, and it also means we can get away with a lot less makeup. A bright, full coverage lipstick will brighten your entire face and can be as much as a creative expression as the bikini you wear. Just make sure you pick a colour with the matching undertones for you (read Michelle Phan’s guide to finding your undertone if you don’t know it yet).
Negative space nail art have grown like wildfire since NYFW. The use of negative space is a simple design technique that has maximum impact. You can use a variety of everyday household items or specialty nail supplies to tape your nail design before painting. Choose contrasting colours that will make the naked nail stand-out, such as red, dark/blackened colours and neons.
In case you missed it, we have a new competition running with a great prize from MasterCard to giveaway. It could really help you get some new beauty gear for summer. All you have to do is show me the items you’d buy from an international online retailer if you won a Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard preloaded with $100 USD.
To enter the competition:
- Follow @PlasticDiaries on Instagram
- Post an image on Instagram that shows me the products you’d buy if you won a $100 USD Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard
- Tag @PlasticDiaries and #TPDPass2Shop in the caption
The winner will receive a Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard loaded with USD $100. This competition is open exclusively to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. By submitting an entry into this competition you agree to the outlined terms and conditions below.
THE PLASTIC DIARIES “Cash Passport Instagram” COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ENTRY INTO THE COMPETITION
- Entry into THE PLASTIC DIARIES “Cash Passport Instagram” competition (the “Competition”) is open to all persons aged 18 years of age and older. The Promoter is The Plastic Diaries, Parcel Locker 10028 06070, 16-20 Bulli Street, MOORABBIN, VIC 3189, Australia (the “Promoter”). Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of the Promoter, the agencies associated with this Competition and their related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter.
- Competition begins at 06.00 (AEDT) on Monday 1 December 2014 and closes at 23:59 (AEDT) on Monday 15 December 2014 (the “Competition Period”).
- Follow @PlasticDiaries on Instagram
- Post an image on Instagram that shows the products they would buy if they won a $100 MasterCard Multi Currency Cash Passport. Image must be unique and not violate copyright. Void on regrams or stolen images.
- Tag @PlasticDiaries and #TPDPass2Shop in the Instagram caption
(the “Competition Question”).
- All entries must include the entrant’s name, email address and question answer to be eligible for entry. Incomplete entries or those with defamatory, pre-used, copyrighted or offensive content will be ineligible. It is the entrants’ responsibility to inform the Promoter if their residential address, email address or phone number changes during the Competition Period.6. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant automatically to enter repeatedly is prohibited (“Repeat Entry Device”). If the Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant is using any Repeat Entry Device, the Promoter may disqualify that entrant without notice.
- There is 1 prize in total. The prize pool consists of:
- 1x Multi Currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard, valued at $100.00 USD
- The total maximum Prize pool value is USD$100. The Prize values are the recommended retail values and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the Prize occurring between publishing date and date the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in US dollars.
9. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other prize/s. The contents of the Prize will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prize is subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prize.
JUDGING AND AWARD OF PRIZE
- The Competition will be judged on the basis of creativity at The Plastic Diaries head office in Melbourne, VIC, Australia within 24 hours of the competition closing. Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winner. The Prize winner will be notified via email and/or phone on or after Wednesday 17 December 2014. The Prize must be claimed by responding to the winner notification email or phone call within 7 days of the winner being notified.
- If a Prize winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize by the stipulated date, then the Prize will be forfeited and a substitute prize will not be offered in lieu of the Prize.
- All entrants agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as the Prize winner/s or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winner from winning the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prizes to cancel or vary the Competition or to vary or cancel the award of the Prizes including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion):
(a) a Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or
(b) the Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize/s for any reason beyond its control.
- In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prizes it shall not:
(a) be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; and (b) be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter’s database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for any delays to entry caused by technical disruptions or malfunctions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for out-dated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prize that are damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the award of prize/s to, and/or to disqualify any individual who, as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter, has breached these terms and conditions or who has otherwise engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair conduct of the Competition.
- Entrants are advised that their personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and their names as the winner may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
- A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking the Prize or entering the Competition.