Maintaining my shiny new fuchsia hair has allowed me to put some haircare products to the test. There are so many colour-maitanence hair products on the market but when you are talking about a colour as bold as mine you need something that pulls out all stops. Goldwell’s Dualsenses Color range boasts the ability to do just that, but does it live up to the promises?
I chose the Fade Stop Shampoo and Detangling Conditioner for this review as it’s marked for fine to normal hair. The Dualsenses Color range does come in an Extra Rich version for those requiring extra care. My review tells you how well this duo performed to maintain my colour as well as the condition and quality of my hair.
- I’m instantly drawn to the packaging because of the metallic fuchsia labelling. I figured it was a perfect fit for my hair colour. The shampoo is up-right and the conditioner is inverted, so even though it’s easy to identify which is which in the shower I’m still let down by the conditioner bottle (pet peeve: I don’t like the opening of a bottle resting on a surface).
- Both products have the same delicious fragrance. The official description is pomegranate but I definitely smell a mix of red berries in there. Either way I love it and it makes me feel like I’m applying an expensive french dessert to my hair.
- The shampoo is a pink-tinted liquid with an opalescent sheen. It creates a rich lather without much effort and rinses out just as easily. It leaves the scalp feeling spotless but refrains from that squeakiness of being dried out.
- The conditioner appears the same as the shampoo but with a slightly thicker consistency. I could tell from the moment I squeezed it out that it wouldn’t be rich enough for my hair. Due to the pre-bleaching I had done to my hair, my hair was in need of more intensive treatment with each wash. This conditioner would have likely been suitable for my hair prior to bleaching. It did detangle my hair somewhat but not enough to get through the knots on my ends.
- The wash-out of colour from my dye was quite a lot, so even with a fade stopping shampoo it was inevitable I would lose a fair amount of colour. However, the fade that did occur gradually was much more even and I do believe this shampoo had to do with it. After the first couple of washes I noticed there was no more colour coming out of my hair and that means the shampoo worked to stop further wash out. The only real enemy from there was the sun, but even then the fade that did occur was very slow.
- The duo did leave my hair shinier than usual and this was vital for the hair colour I had chosen. Of course, it couldn’t keep it at the same level of shine as my hair had immediately after dying but it didn’t return to a dull matteness either.
- I believe the best results for my hair would occur if I used the Fade Stop Shampoo with the Extra Rich Detangling Conditioner.
What Goldwell say ….
Dualsenses Color Fade Stop Shampoo is a color maintaining shampoo which gently cleanses without weighing down the hair. It provides visibly more color brilliance and hair that’s light to the touch. Containing a NEW and innovative Fade Stop Formula which protects the hair surface and strengthens the anchoring of the color molecules. This formula actively locks these molecules in the hair and effectively reduces color fading. It is enriched with a gloss enhancer, Pomegranate Extract, which intensifies color and provides a UV-filter. Keeps your hair balanced and glossy without weighing the hair down.
Dualsenses Color Detangling Conditioner cares for colored hair and provides combability on a daily basis without weighing the hair down. Contains a NEW and innovative Fade Stop Formula to provide results you can see and feel immediately. It instantly detangles the hair and is enriched with color protective Pomegranate Extract which promotes balance, gloss and color brilliance without added weight.
Fragranced with the fresh essence of pomegranate fruit. Suitable for: Color-treated, normal to fine hair.
Australia $24.95 each from RY and Goldwell salons
USA $11.99 (Shampoo) and $12.79 (Conditioner) from Sleek Hair and Goldwell salons
UK £9 (Shampoo) and £9 (Conditioner) from Gorgeous Shop and Goldwell salons
Have you tried the Goldwell Dualsenses range? Do you use hair products for colour-treated hair? Let me know by commenting below!
The only reference to Goldwell’s use of animal ingredients and animal testing is in this statement released on 3 April 2012 by Kao Australia (Goldwell’s parent company).
GOLDWELL and KMS California, the two premium hair cosmetics brands belonging to Kao Germany Service GmbH, never test their products on animals.
The salon-exclusive color brand from Germany, GOLDWELL, dispensed with animal testing back in the nineteen eighties. KMS California, the US salon-exclusive brand, has been against animal testing since it was founded. This principle is an aspect of the company’s brand identity.
The European Union banned the testing of cosmetic products on animals in 2004. Similar legislation was introduced in Germany in 1998. KPSS is a strong supporter of these legal developments. Its anti-animal testing policy applies worldwide, which means GOLDWELL and KMS California products are not subjected to animal tests at other companies or in non-European countries either.
At the same time, Kao Germany refuses to compromise when it comes to the safety of its cosmetic products and therefore also consumer safety. Data obtained in scientific analyses, the use of in-vitro tests and the careful selection of input products guarantee the safety of the cosmetic products.
This approach has proven to be extremely effective, se we have never had to resort to additional tests on animals to substantiate our results.
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium PCA, Glycoproteins, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tetrasodium Glutamine Diacetate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride,m Propylene Glycol, Punica Granatum Extract, Silicone Quaternium-22, Cocamide MEA, Glyosxylic Acid, PPG-3 Myreisyl Ether, Isostearamide MIPA, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydropropyl ACid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benxoate, Benzoice Acid, Fragrance/Parfum Limonene, linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Red 33
Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Punica Granatum Extract, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Glycoproteins, Cetrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Glyoxylic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Red 33/C.I. 17200.