Spring is almost here, which means Summer isn’t too far behind it. I’m so excited by the thought of warm weather that I may have started the party a little early with Imperial Leather’s new limited edition bodywash, Blue Lagoon. The name instantly takes my mind to a sun-soaked, isolated island with crystal clear blue water. Can the scent assist in that daydream? Will I want this limited edition to stick around? Read on to find out!
- The tall, transparent plastic bottle is fitted with a silver lid and black disk top cap. You can see the incredible blue colour of the bodywash through the bottle and it really does look like a glistening lagoon. It’s slightly shimmery which gives a multidimensional appearance. It’s a pretty cool looking bodywash.
- The formula is a thick, almost-creamy liquid. It flows slowly from the cap without squeezing but a light squeeze will dispense a large amount quickly. I use an amount about the size of a 50-cent piece on a loofah, which is more than enough to wash my entire body.
- It foams a lot so it’s a winner if you like that sensorial feeling of a rich lather.
- The scent is actually far better than I had imagined. Yes, it does take me to that island I dream of but I now also see large platters of sweet, delicious fruit. The guava scent is delicious but it does dissipate quite quickly after rinsing the body wash off. I don’t usually want a scent to linger but this one I kind of do, it’s so yummy.
- I’m surprised how moisturising this body wash is because usually a product that lathers as much as this one leaves my skin feeling rather dry. SLS is the second main ingredient and that is something I usually avoid, so it surprises me that this product didn’t dry my skin out. My skin appeared more hydrated after use and it felt soft.
- I like that this product is soap free, pH balanced and doesn’t appear to have any parabens.
- The massive 500ml bottle is a generous amount for such a low price.
What Imperial Leather say ….
Our Limited Edition fragrances reflect our Master Perfumers’ playground – an opportunity for them to experiment with new scents that reflect their journey of scouring the world for the latest trends in luxury fine fragrance.
An exotic yet gentle blend of guava, peach nectar, hibiscus and champaca scents, further enhanced by dashes of blonde wood and musk notes.
- Triple moisturisers
- Rich, creamy lather
- Soap free
- Skin friendly pH
- Dermatologically tested
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Australia $6.49 from Coles, Woolworths, pharmacies, and independent retailers.
What body wash are you using at the moment? Do you like the sound of Blue Lagoon? Let me know by commenting below!
Imperial Leather’s own claim is that they do not test on animals, however they’re not certified by any cruelty-free organisation. Their policy is not available online and the only information relating to their stance is on this page of the parent company (PZ Cussons) website.
Animal ingredients may be used. Refer to individual product ingredients listing.
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum, Psidium Gaujava Fruit Extract, Lotus Corniculatus Extract, Polyquaternium-7, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Laureth-4, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, CI 42090, CI 47005