Face mists are a bit of a luxury in my skincare regime. I rarely use them frequently, except during summer when I need a refreshing spritz. Another time I will frequently use a face mist is while travelling, when my body is dehydrated from flying, lack of sleep and change in climates. A few weeks before my last trip overseas I began using Australian brand LI’TYA’s hydrating mist to prepare my skin for the upcoming travel.
LI’TYA’s Wild Rosella Hydrating Mist is made based on Indigenous Australian plants and the principles of modern and Indigenous herbalism, aromatherapy and touch therapy. Ingredients are sustainably wild harvested, pure Australian botanicals and, where possible, organic ingredients. But does it care for my skin? Read on to find out.
- The mist is packaged in a beautiful glass bottle with a pump pack. The nozzle disperses a decent amount of product in a fine mist so it covers most of the face in just 1 or 2 pumps. It requires very little product to make you feel like you have given your skin a good drink.
- It’s a lightweight product on the skin. It feels like water and absorbs quickly without leaving residue on the surface.
- I love the mild scent, which reminds me of the edible hibiscus flowers you put in champagne (yum!). It’s sweet and slightly floral but not at all overwhelming. The fragrance doesn’t last long, it dissipates as the mist is absorbed, but it’s a beautiful, uplifting scent while you spray it on your face.
- I don’t know if the mist is meant to be calming for the skin but I found it to not only hydrate my skin but also calmed the small dry patches I had break-out after flying. The cooling sensation on the red, irritated skin was relieving and it stopped me from developing an itch.
- I did test this product over makeup as well. It didn’t appear to have any negative effects on my makeup, it just absorbed straight through it. There was no running or smudging caused by it, but it didn’t seem to preserve my makeup either which is something I do often look for in a face mist, where possible.
- This mist would be suitable for most skin types. It’s recommended for normal to dry skin but as most people with oily skin would know, it’s often dehydration that is causing the oil so this mist could be beneficial to you as it’s both refreshing and hydrating without leaving anything on the skin surface.
What LI’TYA say ….
A reviving moisturising mist infused with Wild Rosella flowers to revitalise, cool and hydrate the skin. Normal to dry skin types.
Australia $61 (100ml) from LI’TYA and selected spas
USA & UK – Shipped internationally from LI’TYA.
Do you use a face mist? Have you heard of the LI’TYA brand? Let me know by commenting below!
LI’TYA is certified cruelty-free by CCF. Some products are suitable for vegans, refer to individual ingredient list.
This product is vegetarian but not suitable for vegans.
Water, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Aniba Roseodora (Rosewood) Oil, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Wild Rosella) Fruit Extract, Honey, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.