China isn’t going to steal all the cruelty-free glory this week. One of Australia’s home-grown power brands has just been given their badge of honour from PETA. We are so happy to share the news with you. ModelCo are now certified cruelty-free!
For those who aren’t familiar with ModelCo, they’re an Australian cosmetic brand that first became famous for innovative beauty solutions. Airbrush Tan in a Can shot them to global notoriety and their products are now stocked all over the world. Their pink and white packaging is a favourite of mine but lately they have been upping their packaging game to include more chic shapes and styles, like their square-shaped glass bottle nail polishes and the Party Proof lipsticks in sleek white cases with in-built mirrors.
With this news in mind I questioned the brand for further information about their ingredients and formulations. I’m happy to report that the entire brand is vegetarian and they have a number of vegan products in the range.
- BLUSH in Peach Bellini, Amaretto Sunset and Cosmopolitan Pink
- BRONZE in Matte and Shimmer
- EYE DEFINE Crayon Liner
- EYESHADOW TRIO Collection
- LIP LACQUER Lip Gloss
- LUMINOSITY Shimmer Whip
- MINERAL POWDER Natural Foundation
- MIRACLE VEIL Skin Perfecting Cream
- PARTY PROOF Lipstick Matte
- SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
- CREAM CLEANSER Gentle Daily Cleanser
- GEL CLEANSER Gentle Daily Cleanser
- CLEANSING FOAM Gentle Daily Cleanser
- EXFOLIATING CREAM Facial Scrub
- INSTANT MIRACLE BOOSTER Skin Brightening & Firming Serum
- MACADAMIA+ Luxury Facial Oil
- REPLENISHING Rose Mist
- ROSEHIP+ Luxury Facial Oil
- DAILY FACE Mattifying Sunscreen & Lipbalm SPF50+
- BRONZE Dry Touch SPF50+
- GRADUAL TAN Everyday Body Moisturiser
- GRADUAL TAN Everyday Body Mousse
- INSTANT TAN Self Tan Lotion
- NATURAL TAN Self-Tan Lotion
- NATURAL TAN Self-Tan Mousse
- ONE NIGHT TAN Wash Off Instant Bronze Mousse
- TAN Airbrush in a Can
I’ve also requested a list of the products that are palm oil free, so as soon as that comes through I will be sharing it.
UK – Birchbox
Have you heard of ModelCo before? Does this news change your buying habits? Let me know by commenting below!
ModelCo are certified cruelty-free by PETA.org. All their products are vegetarian and select items are vegan. (refer to individual product ingredients).