I am ashamed to admit this but I had never tried a Molton Brown product until just a couple months ago. I won’t say I had a good excuse, because I didn’t. Frankly, I thought the product packaging looked so good that I couldn’t possibly afford it so why should I try it only to get addicted to something I cannot afford. But I got over that when Molton Brown launched their Australian online store because I love to support a beauty brand that realises the important of having a good e-commerce site in Australia (for those not Australian, you would be shocked how rare it is!).
So here is my first review, Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod in one of the famous Body & Shower gels.
- As I mentioned in my opening statement, the packaging is stunning for all Molton Brown products. The hard plastic bottle features a branded chrome flip cap, sealed with rubber so there is no spills. It is sturdy but easy to squeeze.
- Inside the bottle is a bright pink liquid that I can’t help but stare at. It is such a pretty shade that I want to paint my bedroom walls with it.
- The scent of the shower gel is sweet but has a spicy cut-through that doesn’t make it sickly. I usually hate pepper (in fact, the only pepper I like is the Creamy Peppercorn Sauce from Sydney’s famous Hurricane’s Restaurant. Man, I could drink that stuff!), but this isn’t like snorting a heap of table pepper. It is refreshing but warms the soul. It leaves a slightly lingering scent on the skin which I like.
- The gel formula is hydrating and I haven’t found it to be drying in the slightest, even in the nearly icy winter weather.
- You only need a tiny amount to wash your whole body. It lathers nicely without being all foamy, but it contains SLS so if you are sensitive to that ingredient you may want to give this a miss (even though I haven’t found it to be drying at all).
What Molton Brown say ….
Feel the flush. Resonating with warm pink pepperpods from the Gulf of Guinea, our bodywash cleanses your skin, helps to protect it from environmental pollutants and reawakens your energy banks. Spiced aromatic oils of African ginger, patchouli and Reunion Island pink pepper help to lift your spirits and line your path to paradise.
Animal Cruelty Policy: Never tested on animals.
AUS $39 from Molton Brown, David Jones and at the Molton Brown Store in QVB, Sydney.
UK £18 from Molton Brown and Saks Fifth Avenue UK
Have you tried anything from Molton Brown? Let me know by commenting below!
All images are the property of The Plastic Diaries, excluding press release images. Use of these images without written consent is prohibited. If you wish to use them please contact me to request permission. Images are taken in natural light and remain unedited, unless otherwise stated.
This product was provided for consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are my own and remain 100% uninfluenced.
This post contains an affiliate link, which gives us commission when you click and purchase something from that link. You do not pay any more for the item by shopping through an affiliate link than you would through a regular link. When you shop through an affiliate link on The Plastic Diaries, you help support the site. To learn more, please visit our Affiliates page.