A good body lotion is as important in fighting aging as a sunscreen. Ok, that’s kind of a lie, nothing is more important than sunscreen but dehydrated skin does rapidly speed up aging so body lotion is quite important. If you’re anything like me than you’re probably super picky about body lotion – the smell, the texture, the level of hydration – it’s nearly impossible to find the right balance. Then there’s the ingredients, of which I try to avoid nasties because it’s being applied to my largest organ (yep, skin is your largest organ!). I hoped Natural Instinct’s Body Lotion would be my answer ….. but is it? My review has the answers.
- The lotion comes in a pump packaging only, either 500ml or 1L in size. It’s a very decent amount of product in easy to use packaging and the premium plastic bottle has sustained many drops without a single break. The cream coloured bottle and brown pump isn’t my cup of tea so I don’t leave this on display but if you like natural, earthy tones it would be perfect.
- One pump release approximately a 20c size amount of lotion which is enough for me to do my entire arm.
- It’s released from the bottle as a cream but quickly after applying to the skin it moves like a lotion, making it much easier to spread and the skin to absorb.
- I find it leaves a residue on my skin no matter how little I use. It’s not oily or thick but it’s noticeable when I touch my skin or clothes so for that reason I don’t like using it during the day. I don’t mind using it at night when the residue will only be transferred to my bed sheets.
- There is a noticeable fragrance that smells a lot like sweet almond oil. Seeing as though sweet almond oil is actually the second ingredient on their ingredients list I’m not surprised. It’s a pleasant scent in my opinion but can interfere with the fragrance I wear so again this lotion is not my preference for day wear because of that.
- Upon application I find my skin appears more hydrated and has a glow. Over continued use it’s slightly softer but I do use it in conjunction with semi-regular exfoliation which I know contributes to having softer skin.
- I love that it’s free from lots of nasties, including sulphates, petrochemicals, parabens and PEGs, preservatives, artificial fragrance and colours, mineral oils, PABA & EDTA and animal derivatives. It’s pH balanced.
- The best part in my opinions is that it’s vegan and not tested on animals (self-claimed), and made in Australia.
What Natural Instinct say ….
Made with Jojoba, Rosehip & Avocado
Moisturises, Conditions & Replenishes Skin
Our easily absorbed botanical Body Lotion blend combines organic extracts of Chamomile, Burdock, Rosehip, Horsetail, Lavender and Red Grape along with Jojoba and Avocado, all gently scented with pure essential oils, to leave your skin feeling smooth and supple all over.
Australia $19.99 from Priceline, Terry White and selected pharmacies.
Do you use hand cream? Are natural products important to you? Let me know by commenting below!
Natural Instinct’s own claim is that they do not test on animals, however they do not appear on any certified cruelty-free list. All their products, excluding the sunscreen, are vegan-friendly. You can review their animal cruelty policy on the Natural Instinct website.
Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride^, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin^, Cetearyl Alcohol^, Stearic Acid^, Sorbitan Stearate^, Glyceryl Stearate^, Sucrose Cocoate^, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract*, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Extract*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract*, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Salvia Lavandulifolia (Sage) Herb Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John’s Wort) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Phytate, p-Anisic Acid, Linalool~, Vitis Vinifera (Red Grape) Seed Extract*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
*Certified Organic Source, ^Botanical Source, ~Essential Oil Component