My skin needs a good buffing to keep it smooth during winter so I make sure to exfoliate at least once a week with a physical scrub. Dry body brushing does help a great deal but this winter has required some extra exfoliation. I selected this natural, plant-based exfoliator made from extra virgin olive oil. It sounds more like food than a scrub, but will it work as well as it sounds? My review tells all.
- Packaged in a large, round plastic tub with a screw top lid. It’s a good size for being able to get your hand in the jar and remove a decent amount of product. I still dislike jar packaging but it’s the only suitable option with a product this thick.
- The sugar scrub base is great for descaling my dry skin and it melts away after about 30 seconds of scrubbing. This is a much better treatment for your skin and for the environment because there is nothing left to enter our waterways, unlike scrubs with polybeads.
- As the sugar dissolves I can feel the oils adhere to my skin. It leaves a buttery feeling on the skin as I wash it off but once I towel dry my skin is left feeling smooth, not greasy. It does leave my skin feeling like it has a coating of moisture on the surface which is something I’m comfortable with in cold weather. I personally wouldn’t use this during warmer weather because I like my skin to feel light.
- I used the scrub 3 times per week for the first fortnight, and after just the first week the clogged pores and small bumps I had on my thighs, upper arms and chest had diminished by 50%. After the fortnight was up I found my skin was at least 80% clear. I cut down to scrubbing once per week for the remaining two weeks of trial and this mostly maintained the result but didn’t further clear my skin.
- It does have a noticeable olive oil scent but not as strong as if you removed the cap off a bottle of extra virgin olive oil. The scent dissipates a lot after rinsing off and is completely gone once my skin is dry.
- I felt using this scrub eliminated my need to moisturise after my shower. It left my skin feeling hydrated and it appeared to look healthier as well as smoother. It provided the insulative coating I look for in a body moisturiser or oil during winter.
What Olive say ….
Olive Exfoliating Moisture Body Scrub with hazelnut oil, pistachio nut oil & shea butter is a deep exfoliating cream. Saturated with nourishing, natural ingredients, this unique blend will help to remove dead skin cells and excess oil, leaving your skin feeling smooth and looking radiant.
Australia $28.95 from Simuolive, selected Terry White Chemists and selected pharmacies
Do you use a body scrub? Did you know scrubs with plastic beads are bad for the environment? Let me know by commenting below!
Simuolive’s own claim is that they do not test on animals, however they do not appear on any certified cruelty-free list. The FAQ section on their website states they do not test on animals and they do not contain any animal derivatives.
Sucrose (Cane Sugar), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides, Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Corylus avellana (Hazelnut) Oil, Pistacia vera (Pistachio) Nut Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Kernel Powder, Olea europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Parfum, *Lunaloo *D-limonene *Citronellol *Component of Natural Essential Oils.