A gentle cleanser for everyday use is an essential for everyone. No matter what skin type you have, you should have one within easy reach that gently cleanses the skin, removes makeup, and is free of fragrance. Priori’s Advanced AHA Gentle Facial Cleanser works on that premise but boasts the power to do a whole lot more as well. Can a gentle everyday face wash improve your skin and help prevent aging? That is the claim and I put it to the test for this review.
- The large 180ml pump pack is ideal packaging in my mind. It is a good amount of product without being gigantic in size, it is functional and easy to use in a rush, and if you keep your cleanser in the shower like I do the extra security of a big clear lid means it is kept from getting grubby.
- The Priori Advanced AHA range isn’t about looking and feeling fancy. It is a skincare line that works and that is where they keep the focus. This particular cleanser contains no fragrance, no parabens, no oils, no colorants and it is dermatologist and allergy tested. I personally love the fragrance-free aspect and you can’t even smell the Lactic Acid which is usually a strongly scented ingredient.
- While it gentle cleanses and exfoliates the skin, it doesn’t compromise the skin barrier function which some AHA products are known to do. After washing you can feel your skin is clean, residue removed and still super soft.
- I trialled this product with both a Clarisonic and just using it with my fingertips. I obviously found using it with a Clarisonic gave me a deeper clean and removed my makeup without effort, but even when using my fingertips it still did about 80% of the job. I was able to double-cleanse with this product and my skin did not feel tight or irritated.
- It doesn’t foam up too much when using but it creates a nice lather, enough to feel like you are doing something even though we know that is no real indication.
- While using this product for 2 months I did not have a single breakout or blackhead.
- My skin stayed noticeably hydrated longer than it usually would when I tested it both with and without serums and moisturisers on top.
What Priori say ….
Delicate cleansing formula that lightly lathers to wash away impurities from all skin types. Formulated free of fragrances and oils, it will not cause irritation or breakouts.
- Contains 13% LCA Complex for advanced moisturization, multi-layer skin renewal and antioxidant protection
- Gently exfoliates the skin, leaving it soft, soothed and radiant
- Removes makeup and daily residue
- Ideal for all skin types
UK £22 from Dermashop
Have you tried Priori Advanced AHA products? Do you have a favourite daily face cleanser? Let me know by commenting below!
Priori’s own claim is that they do not test on animals, however they do not appear on any certified cruelty-free list and their products are sold in China (where animal testing is required by law). The FAQ section for each product line states the following:
Have the products ever been tested on Animals?
No, the products are not tested on Animals. All clinical testing is performed on human subject volunteers.
Aqua, Sodium Lactate, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Cocoate, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Phospholipids, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Butylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Allantoin Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.