I am a few weeks into my spring/summer skin prep so that means I am all about exfoliation. After having good results with the Priori Advanced AHA Gentle Cleanser I thought I would revisit the same line of skincare to try the face and body scrub. Has this scrub helped my skin get bump and lump free? Read my review to find out!
- The tall plastic tube packaging works fine for this scrub as the formula isn’t too thick. I personally dislike this style of packaging as it stands on the lid and I have no shelf in my shower it means the opening to the product often gets submerged in water. This wouldn’t be a problem if you do have a shelf in your shower or you aren’t so fussy about what nasties could be entering your beauty products.
- The consistency of the scrub is like a gritty body wash. It is creamy but liquid enough to easily dispense through the squeeze tube packaging. The particles in the scrub remain intact during scrubbing and need to be washed off. I like this because it means you can keep scrubbing so long as the particles are on your body and as a result I feel I need to use less product.
- There is no noticeable fragrance and no scent from the ingredients.
- After using on my body and face for 4 weeks I noticed a dramatic decrease in small bumps I had on the back of my upper arms (Keratosis Pilaris), thighs and buttocks. I usually dry body brush as well but I had stopped doing it a few weeks prior to see how well this scrub performed on its own. I am impressed with the results and with continued use I have no doubt this scrub will keep all my non-KP bumps (Keratosis pilaris) at bay and it has done a remarkable job with the KP anyway. I would say my KP has reduced by about 75% with daily use of this scrub.
- It is gentle enough to use daily on the body and for many people it would be also suitable for twice daily on the face, however I kept it to once daily on the face as I already have dry skin. It has kept my pores clear and a pimple I had coming up was cleared before a head even came through. My skin remained to feel soft and smooth with no signs of it being dried out or over exfoliated.
What Priori say ….
Priori Advanced AHA Invigorating Face and Body Scrub with LCA Complex is a gentle, light lathering and invigorating scrub for the face and body that leaves skin feeling baby soft with a more youthful look. It gently exfoliates surface skin cells to revitalise dry, aged, sun-damaged skin and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. Suitable for most skin types. The LCA Complex formula, which contains vitamins A, C and E and lactic acid, is a powerful skin resurfacer with a superior ability to moisturise the skin.
UK £25 from Dermashop
Have you tried Priori Advanced AHA products? Do you have a favourite daily face cleanser? Let me know by commenting below!
Priori’s own claim is that they do not test on animals, however they do not appear on any certified cruelty-free list and their products are sold in China (where animal testing is required by law). The FAQ section for each product line states the following:
Have the products ever been tested on Animals?
No, the products are not tested on Animals. All clinical testing is performed on human subject volunteers.
Water, Lactic Acid (and) Sodium Lactate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polysoyate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA, Phospholipids, Ethylhexylglycerin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract, Beta-Carotene.