I’m hoping you took a look at the video I shared yesterday of Sephora Australia’s exclusive preview event. If you did you should now be informed on which brands you’ll find inside the mega-beauty retailer come December, but I hope you didn’t think that was all I had for you? Tsk tsk tsk, you should know me better.
My quest for answers doesn’t cease when some shiny balls are thrown my way. Admittedly I do play with them for a while but I eventually get back to the job at hand. Once I was back on track I hunted down every Sephora Australia staff member I could and it made for some very interesting facts. Today I’m sharing with you the things I learnt during my time at Sephora Australia’s media preview.
- Sephora will open their first store on December 8 at Pitt Street Mall, as part of Westfield Sydney. The store will be located between Zara and GUESS, where Esprit was previously located.
- It’s expected the floor will be 2 levels, however it could potentially be 3 based on the fact that the previous tenant, Esprit, occupied 3 levels. When we have the full details about the store opening we will list it in the Event Calendar.
- Sephora Sydney will be the largest offering for the brand in the southern hemisphere.
- Melbourne will most likely be the next store for Sephora Australia. They have not confirmed a location yet but the plan is to open mid-2015.
- An online store is definitely on the plan but they will be focusing on opening the first few stores before online shopping is available. It’s unknown if it will be a stand-alone Sephora Australia website or if it will just be shipping from the main USA site (Sephora.com). From the error Sephora made earlier this year it could hint that perhaps it will be shipping from the USA site, and I truly hope that’s the case. Sephora.com is an incredibly organised site that already has the backlog of reviews, ratings and community that we already enjoy being a part of.
- A rewards program will be implemented but not for some months after the opening. The Australian program will be of it’s own but it’s yet to be decided if the program will be modelled off North America’s Beauty Insider program, Asia’s Sephora Card or Europe’s card program. It’s also unknown at this stage if any points you may hold on those international programs will be applicable to the Australian store. My hope is that the US-version of Beauty Insider program will come to Australia because I’m a Rouge and I worked hard for that!
- As you will have seen from the first release of the brands list, there are many long-awaited brands to arrive including Tarte, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty and MAKE UP FOR EVER. There is also a number of local Australian brands including LQD (men’s skin care), Leif (body care), Patrick’s (hair care) and Aurora Spa Rituals (body care).
- The entire Sephora Collection range will be stocked, across all categories of makeup, fragrance, skincare, body care and accessories.
- More brands will be announced as the open date nears. One brand we are desperately waiting to confirm are Urban Decay. For now, I see all signs pointing to YES on this one.
- Cover FX, an amazing brand all about complexion (that is completely cruelty-free and vegan) was co-founded by Vic Casale. If that name sounds familiar it’s probably because Vic was the original chemist working in partnership with Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo to create Make-up Artist Cosmetics (aka MAC Cosmetics).
- Givenchy Cosmetics was recently sold in Australian department stores but departed for unknown reasons. They will now be stocked exclusively at Sephora.
- I have seen the price lists for many of the items shown at the Sephora Australia preview showcase and I can confirm the prices are much closer to US pricing than the usual inflated Australian pricing. The average price difference amongst the items appeared to be about $10 dearer than the US recommended retail price. This means that most items aren’t dollar for dollar but they have priced to include the foreign exchange rate and other variables. Unfortunately we don’t know if that means the pricing will fluctuate with the foreign exchange market but I highly doubt that would happen.
Can’t get enough of Sephora Australia? Make sure you follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Bloglovin, Pinterest and Instagram to catch all the news as it happens. You know I’ll be the first to tell you!
The official Sephora Australia opening day information is now available!
What do you want to know about Sephora Australia? Will you be excited when it opens? Let me know by commenting below!