The importance of organic doesn’t just relate to the food we eat, it’s just as important for the products we use. Organic grown ingredients and the reduction of synthetic chemicals means we are giving our skin the best possible chance to live in harmony with the earth. As the environment has become substantially more important to me in recent years I find myself looking for general use products that align with my values. Hand wash is one of my latest obsessions.
Seraphina Organics is a home-grown Australian certified organic beauty brand focused on creating products for ultra sensitive skin. I’ve been using their Love Me Tender Hand Wash through chilly weather and moving houses, so I’m ready to give my review.
- The creamy hand wash is packaged in a transparent, plastic container with a silver pump pack. You can visibly see how much product you have left.
- One pump of the product is all you need so the 240ml bottle lasts quite a while (depending how many people in your household, really).
- A noticeable fragrance is present while you are using the product but disappears when you rinse your hands, which in my opinion smells most like calendula. The product has no artificial fragrances so it’s just the natural ingredients that smell. I don’t particularly like the scent but because it’s only present during use I’m able to keep using it.
- There is no lather or foaming from this hand wash. It really feels like you are washing your hands with a hand cream. Despite the creamy texture, it does rinse off easily and initially my hands feel “squeaky clean” so I was worried this was drying my hands out.
- Upon drying my hands I can instantly feel how much softer they are. They feel smooth and hydrated. Additionally, the nourished feeling lasts until I get them dirty again which I find quite remarkable.
- I usually have to wash my hands a dozen times or so in one day. Through this trial period I was actually washing them more as I was moving dirty boxes, dealing with dust and cleaning a lot more than usual. I found myself applying less hand cream day-to-day as my hands weren’t being dried out.
- I LOVE that 20% of all profits from Seraphina products goes to animal and environmental charities.
- There are no nasties in this product. It’s free of sulphates, parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, mineral oils, artificial fragrances and colours.
What Seraphina says ….
An extra gentle wash for your hands. Gently washes away surface dirt and oils to leave your skin feeling clean and hydrated during frequent use. Contains an infusion of pomegranate, marshmallow, calendula and gotu kola extracts, shea butter, aloe vera and evening primrose oil.
Australia $38 from Seraphina Organics
USA & UK – Unavailable at time of publishing.
Do you use organic beauty products? What hand wash are you currently loving? Let me know by commenting below!
Seraphina Organics is certified cruelty-free by PETA.org. They have a comprehensive animal cruelty policy.
This product is vegan. For other products refer to individual product ingredients for vegan/vegetarian status.
Calendula offinalis (calendula) extract*, centella asiatica (gotu kola) extract*, aloe barbadenis (aloe vera) extract*, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, vegetable glycerine*, cetearyl and sorbitan olivate, olea europaea (olive) oil*, cetyl alcohol, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*, citrozine, cyamopsis tetragonoloba (guar gum)*, althea offinalis marshmallow root) extract*, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract* and sodium bicarbonate. (*= certified organic)