Seraphina Organics is a luxury, certified organic, cruelty-free beauty brand focusing on sensitive skin types (eg. eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, severely dry skin or easily acned skin). The company was founded by Amy Crosby who grew tired of her eczema and wanted nice beauty products for herself without compromising on ingredients. Still a relatively new brand, they currently have 6 products in their line that body, hands and lips. As body washes can be quite a concern for those with skin allergies I am reviewing their On With The Glow Body Wash first.
I personally suffer from itchy skin, which has eased 90% since I changed to a plant-based diet, but a small percentage is still easily triggered by heat rash in cases of extreme heat. As the weather warmed up for Spring/Summer I found this to be the perfect time to put it to the test. Could this new Aussie beauty keep me clean and calm my skin?
- The 240ml pump pack is a good size for daily use and very handy in the shower. I love the easy use of a pump pack and when it was getting to the end I just unscrewed the pump and tapped out the remaining amount. I like the clear packaging as you can easily see how much product remains.
- I found 1 pump on my loofa was a sufficient amount to clean my entire body. As such a small amount was needed I found the product lasted for a couple of months with once daily use.
- The formula is a creamy lotion consistency. It doesn’t run everywhere like a thin liquid but it isn’t too thick that it’s difficult to spread. It lightly foams when mixed with water and rubbed on the body but I feel this is more than likely from friction as opposed to foaming ingredients (the product is free of sulphates).
- A scent is noticeable if you hold the product to your nose but isn’t overly strong. The scent reminds me of shea butter (which is a main ingredient) but far less fragrant than other shea butter products.
- My skin definitely had less occurrences of itchiness through extreme heat conditions. I found the wash suitable to use on my heat rashes on the occasions they did present themselves.
- The body wash kept my skin soft and supple without using any body lotion.
What Seraphina Organics say ….
A gentle wash for your body to remove surface oils and grime. Will leave your skin feeling clean, refreshed and hydrated. Contains an infusion of calendula extract, aloe vera, shea butter and evening primrose oil.
Seraphina is free of sulphates, parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, mineral oils, artificial fragrances and colours. 20% of profits are donated to animal and environmental charities.
$38 from Seraphina Organics
USA & UK – International delivery unavailable at this time. Keep an eye on their website for when it becomes available.
Do you have sensitive skin? Are organic beauty products important to you? Let me know by commenting below!
Seraphina Organics is certified cruelty-free by PETA.org. Some products are vegan but not all, so refer to the ingredient list for each product before purchasing.
Calendula offinalis (calendula) extract*, aloe barbadenis (aloe vera) extract*, olea europaea (olive) oil*, vegetable glycerine*, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, cetearyl and sorbitan olivate, cetyl alcohol, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil*, citrozine, cyamopsis tetragonoloba (guar gum)*, and sodium bicarbonate. (*= certified organic)