Face cleansing wipes are a vital part of my makeup removal routine. I always try to remove as much makeup as possible with a wipe or makeup remover on a cotton pad before I cleanse my face. I find this is a gentler method than double-cleansing with the one face wash, especially if I’m using a particularly harsh cleanser at the time. Swisspers say their Aloe Skin Perfecting wipes are just what I need to remove my makeup gently and effectively. Are they right? Read my review for the answer.
- Each pack contains 25 wipes packaged in a plastic pouch. There is a hard plastic resealable lid in the middle and when you open it there is a resealable sticker that you can use to keep air from drying out the wipes. I like this packaging because most wipes only have that sticker, and the glue usually wears off before you finish the wipes.
- The size of the wipe is about 19cm x 20cm. It’s big enough to remove most of my makeup in one go, unless I’m wearing particularly heavy foundation or lots of dark eye makeup.
- Waterproof makeup was able to be removed with these wipes. I only use waterproof liner and mascara, and to remove them I did need to hold the wipe on the area for a minute or so to loosen the product. If you need to remove waterproof makeup often I would recommend using a separate makeup remover on a cotton pad. These are ok for the odd occasional waterproof product.
- All other makeup comes of easily with a swipe or two. I never had to rub at my face to get something off.
- The cloths are soft and very moist. Even after a few weeks of being open they didn’t dry out (most probably because of the double strength packaging). Even though they are overly wet straight from the pack, it doesn’t leave your face feeling drenched. It used enough moisture to remove your makeup only leaving a slight layer of moisture behind. I found this to be refreshing and hydrating, especially because I have dry skin and don’t want to dry it out further.
- The formula claims to be oil-free and alcohol-free, two things I do like in a makeup removal product.
- These wipes are marketed as being a face cleanser as well as removing makeup so I did test them multiple times on my makeup-free face. I personally didn’t feel like they really cleaned deep enough to replace the proper cleanser-and-water method but they did remove surface level impurities and oil so it was ideal for when I was being lazy or didn’t have time to properly clean my face.
- A strong scent of Aloe is quite noticeable when you open the packet and while you use the wipe. It doesn’t linger very long but to me it smells rather synthetic. I have aloe vera plants all over my house and they have never smelt like these wipes.
- Unfortunately it contains Isopropyl Palmitate which is a palm oil derived ingredient. I personally avoid buying palm oil products so I won’t repurchase while it’s in there.
What Swisspers say ….
Swisspers Facial Wipes are cleaning and invigorating for the whole family or they’re the perfect handbag ‘must-have’ for busy women.
Swisspers Facial Wipes easily remove stubborn make-up and impurities from the face, neck and eyes. They’re 100% alcohol and oil free, helping to ensure your skin is left feeling extra soft.
With powerful natural ingredients such as aloe vera, cucumber, camomile and green tea, Swisspers pre-moisteneed Cleansing Wipes are rich in vitamins and gently moisturising for your skin. Swisspers Facial Wipes are also pH-balanced, so they help maintain proper skin hydration. Gently wiping over the eyelids, face and neck, cleanses and softens the skin, leaving it feeling clean, pure and natural.
Australia $4.99 from Priceline
Do you use facial cleansing wipes? How do you remove your makeup? Let me know by commenting below!
Unavailable to obtain at this time. I will update this section when the information is provided.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Parfum, Disodium EDTA, Chamomile Recutita Flower Extract, Citric Acid.