The Aqua Splash brush is the most recent release from innovative UK brand, Tangle Teezer. Their unique hair brushes have been winning awards all over the world and have become a staple in many hair salons. I reviewed the Tangle Teezer Compact Styler earlier this month and now I am ready to share my review of the Aqua Splash, which I also purchased at Hair Expo this year. Will this one rate as highly in my books? Read on to find out.
- The brush is a rather odd shape. Round, hollow in the middle, curvy. It really just has to be seen to be understood. The bristles sit on one side with a rubberised backing and more rubber placed on the bottom of the cup (which I assume is so the brush doesn’t fall over when wet …. or something). The white area of the brush is all plastic.
- Just like all Tangle Teezer brushes, this bristles work quickly and effectively to untangle hair. There is next to no pulling and it works really well with hair conditioner or treatments to work the product through to every hair.
- For a brush to be designed around being used in wet conditions and boasts non-slip features, it stumps me why they did not make the exterior of the whole cup rubberised. I found this brush to be very slippery in my hands due to the smooth plastic where you are meant to hold the brush. I even checked their Aqua Splash video to make sure I was holding it correctly.
- While the shape itself is ergonomic and designed to fit the hand comfortably, I did not find this to be the case for my small hands. Combined with the slipping issues I found this brush hard to use.
- I like the size of the bristle section but I do not like how big this brush is overall. No information is really given about why there is such a big hole in the centre and I do understand it is probably to allow water to drain off the brush, but I don’t understand why it is so big. I would prefer if the brush were much smaller in diameter.
- Of course I selected a bright pink one but the Aqua Splash is available in a variety of bright colours. It definitely brightens up the shower.
What Tangle Teezer say ….
AQUA SPLASH PINK SHRIMP WITH NON-SLIP ERGONOMIC GRIP
Use in the shower – brush through conditioner – drip dry/hygienic
Splish. Splash. Splosh. Aqua Splash is the latest innovation from Tangle Teezer, and the first upright, non-slip, water-loving detangling hairbrush. It just loves to dive in and save stranded hair! The hollow design makes for easy, lightweight handling, and the rounded edges allows for smooth, free-flowing detangling.
Australia $32.95 from Tangle Teezer Australia
Have you tried a Tangle Teezer? Would you give it a go? Let me know by commenting below!
I am unable to locate any official policy regarding their testing and production policies.