Refreshing face mists are an essential for me during Spring-Summer. Other than keeping me feeling cool, they also provide essential hydration and keep my makeup fresh rather than sweaty. However, not all face mists are created equal and this is even more so for “water” sprays that claim magical benefits. My advice with water face mists is always take their claims with a grain of salt but some do work better for your skin than others. Thalgo’s Reviving Marine Mist is one I hadn’t tried previously but the promise of energising benefits made me grab it when I was suffering hayfever-related heat exhaustion. Did it help me and has it shown ongoing benefits to my skin? Read my review to find out.
- A tall, slim metal can in the signature Thalgo blue colour holds 150ml (5.07 fl.oz.) of product. It’s fitted with a matte silver plastic cap which keeps the aerosol pump safe from accidental pressing. The cap seals firmly to the can so I can throw it in a bag without worrying about it coming off.
- Being an aerosol means that the can releases a mist continuously as I hold down the pressure tip. I prefer this over pump applicators.
- The pressure tip releases a medium density mist that is even in application. It doesn’t feel like raindrops hitting my skin but it’s also dense enough that a 1-2 second spray is all I need for cover my face.
- The mist did cool my skin as soon as it touched and as a result it provided some relief to my agitated skin during hayfever and allergy flare-ups.
- A strong fragrance is instantly noticeable while applying the spray. It’s a fresh/green, floral fragrance which reminds me of the beach but in a classy perfumed way. It smells less like salt and sand, and more like a beachy perfume. The fragrance doesn’t linger long (just a few seconds) but it’s still too strong for me to endure regularly and it put me off the product quite a bit. If you like scented skincare products this could be good for you.
- It dries quickly once on my skin and doesn’t leave a residue behind. My skin feels slightly softer after using on bare skin but I don’t notice a change in how my skin felt when I applied it on top of makeup.
- My skin appeared a little more hydrated after use on both bare skin and over makeup. In the case of applying over makeup it refreshed areas that were looking a little dry or starting to fade.
- This product isn’t something I would use daily unless my skin was hot or I was uncomfortable from the heat. With the occasional use I had been using it (a couple times on a hot day, approx 2 days out of the week) I didn’t notice an overall improvement in my skin, nor would I expect to with such minimal use.
What Thalgo say ….
For tired, devitalised skin in need of energy.
Bring the sea into your home! This skin-energising seawater concentrate has been developed to enhance the effectiveness of our skincare creams. Regularly replenished with marine minerals, the skin is better equipped to fight the effects of modern life (stress, pollution, etc.). The complexion becomes fresh and radiant. Ideally prepared, the skin is more resistant to the passage of time.
Australia $61.50 from Adore Beauty
USA $44 from Nordstrom
Have you tried any Thalgo products? Do you use face mists? Let me know by commenting below!
No official animal testing policy or use of animal ingredients is provided on the Thalgo websites, nor are they certified by any cruelty-free organisations. Their products are sold in China. Aqua (Water)
Maris Aqua (Sea Water)
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
Gelidium Sesquipedale Extract
Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract
Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde
No official animal testing policy or use of animal ingredients is provided on the Thalgo websites, nor are they certified by any cruelty-free organisations. Their products are sold in China.