I’ve been suffering from stress breakouts more than I’ve ever done previously, and it’s been taking a toll on my ego. I’ve always prided myself on having good, clear skin at all costs but unfortunately this outbreak has been beyond my control. My efforts to lower my stress have been futile and the evidence has been left all across my forehead. It’s in these time I’ve had to turn to pimple treatments to help me win the battle.
I’ve been using Trilogy’s spot treatment to deal with them as they pop up. Has it been effective? Did it work quickly, or at all? My review tells you.
- The petite tube packaging has a long neck with a small tip to dispense the product. It’s an easy to squeeze tube and the silver screw cap seals tightly.
- As the name gives away, the formula is a gel which I find to be quite pleasant for a spot treatment. Spot treatments that are a cream always give me the impression that I’m just going to clog my pores, even if that isn’t true. The feeling of this gel is light, and it spreads easily so you need just a tiny drop per pimple.
- The gel dries quickly so you can apply the rest of your skincare products without waiting around.
- It has a slightly citrus scent which I attribute to the mandarin extract claimed to be in the ingredients.
- When I applied it to blind pimples morning and night after cleansing, it took about three days to completely get rid of the pimple. After the first day of use the pimple would relieve most of the pressure. I believe this is an effective result on my blind pimples which can be particularly large and nasty.
- On pimples with a head or that had opened, the Blemish Control Gel worked extremely quickly. I found on most of the pimples would be gone after just 1 day (applied morning and night after cleansing). It did have a bit of a sting when applied to the open pimples which is to be expected as the ingredients target the germs and kills them, but it was a much weaker sting that I usually experience with spot treatments.
- I liked that this treatment didn’t dry out my skin. My pimples aren’t oily, in fact they often have dry flakes so this treatment was great for not further drying out the fragile skin as some spot treatments do.
- I’m very happy with the results this spot treatment provided me, but like most spot treatments this one didn’t aid in preventing further outbreaks. As my pimples are due to stress the only thing that will prevent them is for me to relax. Easier said than done.
What Trilogy say ….
Salicylic acid effectively targets and decongests pimples. Antibacterial lemongrass and mandarin help control breakouts, ginger reduces inflammation and rosehip aids repair.
USA $24 from Trilogy
UK £12.50 from Look Fantastic
Do you suffer from breakouts? Have you tried a spot treatment you like? Let me know by commenting below!
Trilogy are an accredited cruelty-free company by Choose Cruelty Free (CCF) and some of their products suitable for vegans, refer to individual product ingredients.
Aqua (water) , Alcohol , Hectorite Mineral , Xanthan gum , Hamamelis virginiana water , Rosa Canina (rosehip) seed oil , Cucumis sativa fruit extract ,Zingiber Officinale Root Extract , Citrus Nobilis Peel Oil , Cymbopogon Citratus Leaf , Salicylic acid , Sodium hydroxide ,Citral , Geraniol , Limonene , Linalool