Since learning about the evil beauty ingredient, Microbeads, I’ve been looks to use only natural alternatives. The first one I turned to is from the new Yes To Grapefruit range. The 99% natural scrub uses grapefruit to do the exfoliating job, it’s cruelty-free, vegan AND has pink packaging. It ticks almost all my boxes at first sight, but does it work? My review reveals whether the Daily Facial Scrub really does work to correct and repair skin.
- All Yes To packaging is simple and colourful, and this one is no different. The basic white and pink inverted tube holds 113g of product and a tonne of great information on the label. The lid is the base which is one of my pet peeves as my facial cleansers sit in my shower, but you can feel and hear that the lid clicks securely into place. I found the product remained untainted throughout the trial period as no water got through the tight seal when closed.
- As soon as you flip open the lid you can smell the incredible grapefruit fragrance. I never tired of the scent and I became excited to use the product each week because of it. If you are sensitive to fragrance it could be a little strong for you.
- The scrub itself is a cloudy clear substance with granules that feel similar to sugar. I found the granules broke down with sufficient scrubbing.
- Use of this product never tried out my skin, nor did it cause an exfoliating effect too rough or strong for my skin. With the official name being Daily Facial Scrub I did test it with daily use for few weeks and it still didn’t cause any adverse effects. I reduced to 1-3 times per week after the initial daily use because I didn’t require daily exfoliation.
- The scrub helped to reduce the visible signs of newly formed sun spots and it removed dry, flaky patches from my skin that had started to break out (I get these whenever the seasons change from because of allergies. Annoying!).
- Overall this felt like a safe scrub for even my dry skin and I believe someone with an oily skin type would find this product lovely to use, daily or not.
What Yes To say ….
Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub is a gentle daily exfoliator to help slough away dead skin cells and restore your skin’s natural radiance. It is formulated with Lemon Balm to help calm and repair damaged skin and Grapefruit, which naturally evens skin tone and enhances luminosity, leaving skin soft, smooth, and naturally hydrated.
MAKES SKIN BRIGHTER, CLEARER, AND MORE RADIANT!
Australia $14.99 from Priceline and selected pharmacies
Have you tried the new Yes To Grapefruits range? Will you be switching to a micro-bead free scrub? Let me know by commenting below!
Yes To are certified cruelty-free by PETA. You can find their own statement regarding animal testing on their FAQ page.
Majority of Yes To products are suitable for vegans. The only animal ingredients used in select products are beeswax and honey extract. Refer to individual product ingredient list.
Water, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Polylactic Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Glyceryl Oleate, Fragrance, Phenethyl Alcohol, Coco-Glucoside, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Melissa O cinalis Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract*.
*Certified Organic Ingredient